Off We Go To Long Island

We rushed through the fair. The sweat soaked my head similar to how you are after a shower. Tucker was by my side to my surprise, he could keep up with me. I'm not saying I was a track star but he was a dude in crutches. 

It would surprise anyone if someone with crutches could keep up with you. 

We took a swift turn into the tent, a large white tent. When entering the entrance of the tent I caught a glimpse of a hooded figure. It had now soul eating red eyes and a terrifying smile slowly. That would freak anyone out but it was walking in my direction. So I could say I was pretty terrified. I refocus myself to look infront of me. 

Tucker was already halfway to the exit of the tent looking behind him, seeing if I was following while lousy dodging out of the way of people. I ran past stands with toys,tools and books that all seemed cool to look at if I wasn't being chased. I even ran a popcorn stand that made me second guess why I need to run when I can just have popcorn instead. 

When I made it to the exit I leaned down exhausted bullets of sweat dripping from my face making the dirt ground below have small speckles of mud on the ground.For a second I thought maybe I could rest a bit. In my curosity of think that I though maybe I should look behind me to see if the figure was chasing me. Man I am dumb. 

I looked behind me and guess what I shouldn't have looked behind me. The hooded figure was already in the tent only a couple yards away walking towards me. 

Having a massive fanged smile with a long tongue licking them.  I didn't know what I was looking at but I was terrified at how it was smiling at me. I hoped it was just linking something trying to get some lettuce off its teeth but I knew that wasn't the case.

"How?" I felt someone grab the collar of my shirt dragging me out of the tent. I was ready to punch whoever was dragging but when I realized it was Tucker, fear returned to me. Struggling to run while holding on to a crutch and me at the same time.

"We can't stop, we need to find your mom!" Tucker was looking at me with fear screaming from his eyes.

I don't know what can scare someone like Tucker but whoever or whatever was chasing us terrified him. 

"Miss L/N!" Tucker still had a hold on my collar when we saw my mom. She was talking to a farmer, probably thanking her for getting their cows back. My mother turned when she heard Tucker's voice. 

Having an expression of joy to see us for it to switch to a face of worry and fear when she saw how exhausted we were. “What's the matter?” My mom's voice sounded scratchy with fear. This is the first time I heard her like this.

Tucker lets go of my collar leaving a sweat mark from his palm. “It's time.” My mom looked like she was about to cry trying to hold back tears. It was strange I never saw my mom like this ever in my twelve years of living in this world.

Thoughts rushed through my head. Could mom know about whatever is chasing us? Did it scare her that much for her to hold back tears? Or was something else out there more terrifying? 

These thoughts kept wrestling in my head. 

“Time? Time for what?”

Tucker's face changed, his expression now was more serious and from what I can guess battle ready. “We will tell you when we are on the road but M/N we need to go now!”

Mom was starting the car while Tucker was struggling to get in his crutches.Screams were projecting from the fair with a loud screech piercing through them. Tucker was wrestling his crutches to get in the car. 

It took us a minute to get Tuckers crutches in. When I snapped my buckle I saw the hooded figure walking towards us. It raised its head like it was sniffing the air. It paused, seeming to have caught its prey's scent and reared its head at the car.