The Beginning of a Journey I wasnt prepared for

Before he was flown in the air about a dozen feet. To battle of death with a literal god

 This summer didn't seem normal to Y/N. He couldn't explain why he did everything he had done in previous summers. Which is basically going with his mom to the county fair held in Indiana.

The fair wasn't very big. You could walk around the perimeter under thirty minutes without breaking a sweat and some of the food was questionable. Even the rides looked like they were going to fall apart any second. Especially a ride called the zipper. Where you are in a metal container that goes up and downs like a Ferris wheel but the container spins around on its own. The ride seemed very unstable and a strong wind could probably tear the ride apart.

I was sitting at a picnic table. The picnic table was made of rotten wood, if you put enough pressure the whole thing would turn to mulch. It had straw on the top of it and a couple of leftover gum under the seats. 

With it being June the sun's rays beat down on my face. The only way I could see anything was if I squinted my eyes. And the smell of fair was a mixture of animal feces and carnival food you would think it would smell disgusting but the smells cancel each other out making the smell bearable to deal with throughout the day.

"Sorry that I'm late , sweety." I look to my right in the direction of the sun. No matter how hard I squinted My eyes. I couldn't see anything. I put my hand over my eye to block the sun and some of my dark brown hair and what I saw in front of me was a middle aged woman who was holding a paper bag. She was 5'6 with dark brown hair that matched mine. With shining bright blue eyes. the opposite of my Carmel colored eyes.

The woman wore a dark blue officer uniform with sunglasses on her collar. The dark blue on the uniform could have been mistaken for black for how dark it was. The woman walked over to me and placed her sunglasses on my face making it easier to see. 

"Thanks mom." I said, trying to adjust the glasses to my face. This woman was my mom M/N L/N

"No problem sweety". Replied my mom as  sat down next me making sure the seat didn't break under her.

Mom placed her arm over me giving me a hug. "So are you ready to have some fun ?" 

"I guess." I replied.

"What do you mean you guess?" She asks to have a childish grin on her face. I rolled my eyes and pointed at one of the rides. 

"Well some of the rides look like they will fall apart, soo." I joked with my mother, replying with a giggle.

"Yeah they do but we can sti-." A loud static peep was heard, then some static followed by an old man's voice. 

"Officer L/N we need you at the petting zoo." Said the voice. My mom rolled her eyes, grabbing a walkie talkie and pressing one of the buttons. 

"What happened ?" 

 my mom leaned down about trying to hear what the man was going to say. The man's voice spoke. "One of the Cows escaped from its pin." Said the man. My mom rubbed her forehead irritated before replying.

"How did this happen?" She hissed. The man replied quickly with a little nervous tone in his voice.

For a second you could think his soul was leaving his body for the way he sounded. "W-we are guessing some mischief-makers." My mom just rolled her eyes again, pinching the bridge of her nose.

She slowly stood up, brushing some of the rotten wood off her back. She looks at me, seeming a bit disappointed. "Sorry sweety duty calls... Maybe we can ride the rides later but you can go around the fair if you want to." I nodded my head. "Sure mom."