Chapter 5

NEW CHAPTER!!!! Yipee!!! Idk if you will like this one or not. Depends who you are. ENJOYYYYYYY ;)

**********************

*Liam's POV*

The next day, Lily was allowed to go home. I was with her at her house, but she told me I could leave. I objected at first but I figured she might want to be alone for a while so eventually I left. Now, I'm at my house with the boys.

"So, are you going to explain to us why yer friend is in the hospital?" Niall asks and the boys all look at me curiously. I guess they hadn't seen her without her wig on before she made them leave.

"She has leukemia..."

"Oh my God," Zayn says sadly.

"Sorry, mate," Louis says and pats my shoulder.

"It's ok..." Lily's condition really scares me. I'm afraid something bad is going to happen at anytime. I can't lose her. I love her.

"You love her, don't you, Li?" Harry asks, voicing my thoughts. "More than a friend...," he adds. I just nod. But she won't even consider me her best friend anymore, let alone anything outside the friend zone.

*Lily's POV*

I'm sitting at home alone. I'm just watching TV, not really paying attention to the show. I'm paying more attention to the texts I'm receiving.

Zayn: Liam told us about your condition....

Me: Oh...

Zayn: I'm sorry :(

Me: It's ok :) I'm a fighter...I can handle it

Zayn: I admire that...you're so strong :)

Me: Thanks...I try!

I smile down at my phone. I like Zayn. He's easy to talk to and I could see us being great friends. I didn't get a response for a while so I turned my attention back to the TV. I smiled widely when I heard my phone finally buzz.

Zayn: Hey, would you like to go to the park with me sometime? :)

Hanging out with Zayn? Yes please!

Me: Sounds fun! :) When?

Zayn: Tomorrow maybe?

Me: Sounds good to me!

Zayn: Can't wait! ;)

I actually blushed at that. Zayn Malik couldn't wait to see me? AND a winky face! Woah.

Me: Me either! x

I smile again and begin watching TV again...I really can't wait to hang out with Zayn. I'm daydreaming about tomorrow when my phone rings. I look at the Caller I.D. and it says Liam. Part of me was hoping it would've been Zayn but I answer anyway.

"Hey, Li," I greet.

"Hey, babe. How are you?"

"Good!" I think about tomorrow again. "Great, actually," I smile down the phone.

"That's good to hear. What are you up to?"

"Not much, just watching some TV, you?"

"Not much either. The boys are over here."

"That sounds fun!"

"Yeah. Hey, mind if I stop over tomorrow?"

"Actually, Liam, I have plans tomorrow," I say nervously. I don't know how Liam will react to me and Zayn spending time together. I mean it's not anything "romantic" but Liam can be protective sometimes.