Chapter 59:- Unexpected Setbacks

Начните с самого начала

Max relaxed for a second as he was released from Xavier's intense stare but his relief was short-lived. Before he could blink his eyes, a burning hot sensation of pain flowed through his body as he screamed and sobbed in pain.

His hand was twisted at a very awkward angle. His screams had turned into sobs when he noticed the condition of his hand and for one second, Max regretted ever going after the Ferocious Shadows Pack.

"Seth!" Xavier said, his voice had the knees of the warriors trembling. If he had addressed any of them in this voice, they would be down on their knees with their heads bowed before they had even noticed. "Get him to the dungeons."

Max was crying on the floor in fear as well as pain but. Xavier could feel the pleasure of his beast on hearing those sounds but worry took over his mind when he received no answer from Seth. He looked back and his eyes went through all the warriors standing there. Seth was standing at one side with his head bowed, a hand over his stomach, looking very much in distress.

Xavier got back up on his feet, a concerned frown etched over his face, "Seth?"

Seth looked up, the frown on his face falling, "Yes alpha, I will take him to the dungeons."

"Are you okay, Seth?" he asked again.

Seth nodded, this time with a small smile and walked to where Xavier was. He picked Max up roughly and dragged him without waiting for him to get on his feet.

The alpha observed how Seth walked away. The warrior was carrying himself with strength but Xavier was known for his observant nature. He knew for a fact that something was wrong and made a point to ask him when he returned. When Seth left, Xavier looked around the field, his eyes falling on all the fallen soldiers.

Evelyn placed a hand on his shoulder making Xavier let out a tired sigh. He brushed his hand over his forehead once and looked at all of the warriors who were alive.

"Take every fallen wolf into the hospital. Clean them up, we will be paying our respect to them tomorrow. Also, if you have any injuries, big or small, get them checked. It doesn't matter even if it's a knife cut. I want every one of you inspected."

Xavier closed his eyes before he opened his shining silver eyes, "This is one of the darkest days in the history of our pack. But on this day, I must say that I am honoured to have led this pack today. The bravery and loyalty that you all have shown today fills me with pride to call you my pack."

The wolves could feel the pride in the voice of their alpha, which in turn filled them with pride too. One by one, each and every wolf fell on their knees and bowed their heads.

"We are proud to be a part of your pack and serve under you, alpha," they all said together making Xavier give them a sad smile.

"You okay?" Evelyn asked softly.

Xavier sighed, "No, but let's go see how mom is doing."

"What about Selena?" Evelyn asked confused.

"She and Ryan went to look for Leon in the woods. After everything Leon has done to her, it is fair that she gets to kill him. I am happy just to have Max to myself."

"Are you not worried that she is all alone?"

He looked at Evelyn, "She isn't... Ryan is–"

"I meant with you here and not with her. Connor is freaking out inside the hospital. I imagined you would have gone with her," Evelyn explained interrupting him.

Xavier scoffed, "Did you see her while in complete coordination with her witch? Add Izzy to that and she will crush Leon like a fly."

Evelyn chuckled but soon the seriousness returned again, "When you were talking to Max... You sounded sadistic."