Intruders??

Devanika returned back late at night from office to her flat, after staying with Janice at her flat for the past two days as instructed by Rikar.
Rikar was right. Loneliness was eating her up.
It was preying on her emotions.
Punching the security code, she pushed open the door only to find the lights at hall shining bright.
Did someone broke in when I wasn't here??
Her hands clutched the handbag.
Her breaths became shallow. She was fucking shivering.
Is it that bastard??
Footsteps was heard at kitchen. Inching towards the spot, her hands pulled out one of the flower vases from the showcase.
Time crept away as slow as an inchworm. The hair in her neck was standing straight.
The temperature around dropped by several degrees.
A tall 6ft figure walked out with his back facing her.
"Who are you??" She muttered.
He turned towards her with the kitchen knife.
Is he going to stab me??

"What brings you here??" Pinky shouted at Shivaay, who was looking at her with plain look.
"Get out!! Can't you leave my daughter alone??"
Anika, who was in kitchen jerked after hearing Pinky's voice.
Why is aunty shouting??
"Please ma, listen to me for a second," He pleaded, "I am here to set things right,"
"Enough, no one needs you here, all you have done these many days is more than enough,"
"Ma..." Shivaay stopped in middle after looking at Anika who looked at him with tears rolling down her cheeks.
"Shivaay..." A sob escaped her mouth. He was just like her.
Old with few wrinkles and premature gray hair. His eyes had lost the spark and arrogance it always held. The self imposed Vanvas for the past 14 years had ruined them.
Physically and mentally.
"Anu..."
His voice choked.

"Hey Dhruv, how are you??" Anu side hugged him.
"Well, I am fine,"
"When did you come??"
"Just few minutes back,"
"Well, come in," She opened the front door of her flat.
"You aren't staying with Devanika??"
"Nope. Our branches are so far and staying together shall make one of us travel long distances,"
Anu dropped the grocery bag on the dining table.
"Coffee??"
"Sure,"
Anu walked inside her kitchen to make coffee while Dhruv was lost in his thoughts.
Where shall I start asking??

"Ha..." Devanika shrieked as she woke up. Sweat beads rolled down her skin with her synthetic fabric sticking onto her skin.
It was too humid and she could notice that all windows had been heavily curtained, preventing light or sound to escape inside. It was dark.
Inching backwards, She felt her palms slip against the marble floor due to sweat.
"Who is that??"
Cling...
"Aah..." She looked at the direction where the metal thing fell.
There was some disturbance in the room.
A pain shot through her abdomen next.
Her palm traced the spot to find it so sweaty.
But then the fluid seeped out.
Getting on her feet, she could feel the pain increasing.
"Aah..."
She inched towards the switch board to punch the light switch on.
Her eyes lowered down, only to find a red patch on her fabric with blood oozing out profusely.

"What happened Anu??"
Dhruv asked the lady who looked terrible the moment he asked about Devanika.
"It was all my fault Dhruv, it was actually my assignment but I dodged it to her..."
"What assignment?? What are you talking about??"
"Our bank was providing the sister company of Oberois, a huge loan of 1200 crores," She sighed, "The branch to forward and approve it was ours but then I decided to forward it to Devanika's branch as it was in vicinity to the main building of the company, as well as it's mother concern,"
A long pause elapsed.
"Devanika being the branch manager, was asked to visit the company to finalise the deal and related works, like acquiring docs etc."
"What happened next??"
"There, she was asked to meet the company's assistant MD Ruvay Singh Oberoi instead of MD Rudra Oberoi,"
Dhruv panicked.
Rudy Chachu?? Ruvay??
"While in one-one private meeting, that bastard Ruvay tried force himself on her," Anu sobbed, "And to escape, she hit him with a vase and ran away,"
"Ruvay tried to force himself..." Dhruv looked at Anu with 'you are unbelievable' look.
"Then, I forced Deva to lodge a police complaint," Anu sniffed,"Perhaps my second mistake,"
"Mistake??"
"Yeah, Jhanvi Oberoi and Shakti Oberoi threatened to ruin her life if she doesn't withdraw the case, and also forced her to withdraw her statements,"
Anu hiccuped, "Because...it...involves Oberoi's name,"
Dhruv felt like the history repeating. Both ladies of his life had been the scapegoat when it came to Oberois name and fame.

Devanika tried opening her bedroom door which was locked from outside.
"Help," She screamed while thumping the door.
Pushing the handle furiously, she panted.
"My phone..." She stumbled towards her handbag, while hitting against the table.
Busy scurrying her bag, she pulled out the phone.
Her fingers traced the screen and dialled her friend Anu.

"Anu, please don't cry," Dhruv consoled the girl, who was blaming herself for what happened.
"No Dhruv, I..." She hiccuped when the phone buzzed.
The caller ID displayed Devanika.
"Hello,"
"Anu..." Devanika screamed, "Help..."
It was audible even for Dhruv sitting beside.
"Hello...hey what happened??"
Anu panicked.
Dhruv was at the worst state.
"Someone stabbed me..." She coughed, "And locked me inside the room, please help..." She coughed again.
"Stabbed??" Dhruv grabbed the phone away," Hello, Devanika...are you there??"
"Dhruv..." She whispered.
"Devanika..."
"Dhruv, someone...stabbed...me..." She hiccuped.
"Don't Panic," He jumped off his sofa, "I am on the way,"
Anu picked up the car keys as the duo rushed out.