Glimpse-2

Anika's fingers fiddled with the file while reclining back on the chair leisurely.
Though her body required rest, her tireless mind was recalling all bitter memories making the moment of her life bitter. Pre frontal cortex had no mercy. All it loved was rewinding things that made her feel sad.
Now, her relentless mind recalled the ugly fight they had once.
Second stone hurled towards the glass palace of their love.
Memory:2
It was Monday evening. The entire house was busy with Karva Chauth arrangements. Children were busy walking around the place, disturbing everyone with no stones unturned in the process. Anika was busy with work and she had no time checking on Dhruv and Shivaay. Gauri and Bhavya went out with Pinky and Jhanvi for certain purchases that were actually missed out by the latter pair due to some confusions. Om and Rudra were fixing the issue that cropped up with the Pooja materials. Shivaay on other hand was the scape goat chosen to take care of Baby Oberois.
That was the tiring task of all. The five members of junior Oberois dodged it and it fell on Shivaay's shoulders. Rikar and Ruvya were mature unlike their counterparts Rikara and Ruvay who were making it difficult for Shivaay to take care of them. Dhruv on other hand was a mixture of both, draining energy out of already fasting Shivaay.
After 40 minutes of running and chasing, Shivaay managed to lock all children inside the room. Least did he remember that Dhruv was claustrophobic. It slipped out of his mind.
Then came Anika's sautan in play. The phone rang and it was an important business call. Leaving behind the kids, Shivaay walked away. Inside, Dhruv had his breaths turning erratic. He acted weird making the four other kiddos scared. They called for their Bade Pa who was no where near. Dhruv fainted and was drenched with sweat.
"Bade Pa..." Rikar, Rikara, Ruvay and Ruvya shouted.
"Bade Pa...Bade Pa...Dhruv Bhaiya...Bade Pa..."
"Pa..." Ruvay started crying.
Anika, who happened to pass through the arena heard the kids wailing.
That's when she saw the door was locked from outside.
Her motherly instincts took over and she opened the door hurriedly. The sight inside scared the shit out of her.
Dhruv was laying unconscious with the four kiddos crying.
"Dhruv," She hugged him while lifting the little one.
"Bade ma..." Ruvay hugged her leg.
"Shivaay," Anika screamed.
Shivaay who was busy attending the call, held it, and walked in.
"Hey Anika, what..." His words died in throat after seeing Anika with Dhruv unconscious.
"Kya hua??"
"Dhruv fainted,"
"Hurry up," Shivaay panicked,"Take him to room," He carried Ruvay out of path,"Kiddos, okay relax,"
Anika rushed out and was spotted by Dadi, Om and Rudra.
"Kya hua Bhabhi??" The duo rushed towards her.
"Om, call the doctor, Dhruv fainted, he..." Anika's voice choked.
"Okay Bhabhi let me call, tu na chinta mat kar," Rudra consoled while Om punched the numbers.
"Rudra, hold Ruvay," Shivaay handed over Ruvay to him and sat next to Anika. Soon the doctor came.
"Hmm, his claustrophobia had been triggered," Doctor declared after examining, "He is okay now, take care, make sure he has these medicines atleast for a day or two,"
"Thank you doctor," Anika wished. Shivaay felt a pang in his heart. Knowingly or unknowingly, he was a reason for Dhruv's condition.
"Who locked Dhruv inside the room??" Anika shouted like an injured lioness.
Shivaay looked at her with guilt.
"It was me, actually I didn't mean to..."
"Stop making excuses," Anika snapped back," Where have you been leaving the kids behind??"
"I was on a business call,"
"Business call??" Anika chuckled with sarcasm," Have you ever cared for your family...sorry ek minute...not family...you always care for them...your wife and child?? That's the right way.
Have you ever cared for your wife and kid??"
Dadi was about to say something when Anika signalled no.
"I want Shivaay's answer,"
"I am sorry Anika. Dhruv being claustrophobic slipped out of my mind. I didn't mean to..."
"I would have lost my child now Mr Shivaay Oberoi," Anika retorted," My Dhruv would have been dead,"
"My Dhruv?? He is our Dhruv Anika," Shivaay reminded.
"Our Dhruv?? If so, you wouldn't have did this,"
"Anika, I am saying na, I forgot," Shivaay stressed.
"No wonder Shivaay," Anika turned her face away," You will be having it in mind, if you had accompanied me for vaccination as each and every time, the doctor makes sure that atleast a window is open before I walk in with Dhruv, but you have no time for me and Dhruv, do you??"
"You say that I don't care for Dhruv?? Isn't it??"
Shivaay shouted.
"I hope there is no need to say that,"
"Anika, mind your words..." Shivaay warned.
Dadi watched at them helplessly.
"What mind your words?? I will say things. Truth is bitter. You had to accept it."
"Anika stop it, varna..." Shivaay clenched his fist.
"Varna?? Varna kya?? What will you do??"
"Shivaay, Anika," Dadi interfered," Stop it. Dhruv requires both of yours' care."
Just then Dhruv opened his eyes.
"Ma, Pa..." He called and the two looked at him with a sigh of relief.