Cruel fate

Sahil stood there tapping his feet, with his eyes fixed at the small gate attatched to the large steel gate of jail premises.
Atlast, Anika is released that day.
Leaning back on the black Audi car, his fingers fished out the iPhone swiping down to the contact list.
"All set??" The male voice asked in assurance.
"Well, till this moment,"
The door creaked opened, and Anika walked out in the comfort dress.
She was ghostly pale with wrinkles on her skin.
The premature grey strands fell on her dull face, with her brown eyes reflecting the sunlight she was experiencing outside jail after 4 whole years.
"I shall call later," Sahil disconnected his phone hurriedly.

Two months had passed since Tej's Death. Kalyani had crumbled down after her elder son's death. Everyone in family seemed to be distant except for Shivaay.
Sitting on Sofa, with a somber face, which had become a common thing for her since Tej's sudden demise, her eyes fell on Om and Rikar walking in.
"Dadi," Om called, "Had your breakfast??" He hugged her from side.
"Hmm,"
"Papa," Rikar nodded as he walked away.
Kalyani shook her head while smiling sadly.
Rikar had distanced himself from all for the past few days.
Since, something heart breaking unfurled in front of everyone.
He had cocooned himself in a world where he, his dad,mom and Rikara exist.
"You know the reason Dadi," Om sighed, "And he hates everyone especially you,"

Shivaay was obsessing himself with work.
Who with a sane and serene mind shall stay at office 22*7 working hard?? But Shivaay had peace only at office.
The place which was a home for him was just a house now.
After the truth unfurled. It shattered him. Destroyed him inside. Dadi's involvement questioned his mere existence in protecting the family till date.
Might be Anika was right...I was never family...just a mere bait to have their things done...
Inspite of all, he couldn't hate them. That pained a lot.
He was emotionally weak.
Just then he realised the date. Anika was getting released.
"Hello Mishra??" He called via intercom.
"Yes sir,"
"Any information regarding Anika??"
"Mam left Mumbai to Shimla,"
"Well, can you text me the address and book tickets for travel??"
"Sure sir,"
It's time to reveal some things and get them cleared.

Devanika recoiled as she looked at the angry young man, whom she had slapped few minutes before.
Standing in his office at sister branch of Oberoi Industries, She shivered looking at his glaring face.
"How dare you??" He grabbed her wrists pinning her to the wall, "How dare you slap me you middle class shit??"
"You can't misbehave with me, whosoever you are Mr,"
She spat back with her eyes spitting fire, "Now just leave me, before I scream,"
"No one says no for an Oberoi," He crushed her petite frame by slamming his gigantic figure on her.
"You bloody son of a bitch, leave me..." She struggled to free herself from his hold.
"Leave me..." Devanika shrieked as she fell on the floor.
It was same nightmare that was haunting her for the past few days. Rubbing her hands against her skin, she tried erasing his touch.
She looked pale and weak with her hair strewn all over her face, with her eyes widened with fear.
"Dhruv..." She cried slumping down, "Please come back,"
And everything went blank as her hands pressed the buzzer.

It had been a month since Dhruv had shifted to US.
"Hey buddy, all okay??" Edward asked while stacking the borrowed books on his table.
"Yeah,"
"You look dull??"
"Nothing, just tired,"
"Well, is it about your gf??"
Dhruv lowered his eyes making sure that Edward doesn't see him crying.
Dhruv, on that ill fated night, was busy preparing for the upcoming lectures.
The device in his pocket vibrated.
The caller ID displayed 'Deva'
"Hello,"
"Dhruv..." Her voice was low, with little sobs.
"Hey, what happened??"
"Dhruv..." Her sobs increased.
"What happened?? Are you crying??"
"Dhruv, I...he...forced..." She hiccuped, "I...no...budge...cheat..."
"Deva," The bile raised through his oesophagus, "All okay?? You are safe..."
She didn't reply. All she did was crying hysterically while breaking his heart slow and steady.
"I accept it's cruel," Edward nodded, "But she must be strong,"
Dhruv said nothing.
"She must fight back,"

"Rikara," He pulled his twin away, "What are you doing here??"
"Rikar I..."
She shivered due to his harsh tone as she dropped the dumb bells down.
"No reasons, just come with me," He pulled her away holding her wrist.
The other one said nothing but looked at the receding figure of twins.