Chapter 6: Coda Village

---Cato's house, Coda Village, 1603-----

The American-British squads arrives at a home for their one night stay, due to the incoming rain. It's already drizzling when they arrived. Lelei and Cato, being mages, uses their magic to carry the food into their house, which shocks the squad. They all heads in the house.

"You have a really nice house, Mister Cato. Thank you for admitting us for a night. We all are thankful for you." Nora represents the gratitude of the whole squad via her. They are chilling in the living room.

"So, tell me. Are you guys mages too?" Cato, again asks them all the same question. "I'm sorry to break it Mister Cato but unfortunately, we are not mages. These, and our vehicles are the results of our ancestors revolutionising technology and engineering a hundred years ago." Nora, being the Rangers' interpreter has to be the one who replies back. Yes we have Ryan as another interpreter but he's still learning Latin, same with the others. "And by the way, meet my disciple, Lelei La Lelena." They all wave to her, where she only nods. "Sorry for asking but, did your kingdom actually killed at least half of the Imperial Army and the Allied Kingdom?" They all looked at each other. "Yes we sure did! Those people deserves a good spanking by artillery strike!" Nora replies.

"What is 'artillery strike'?" Lelei asks and looks at Cato. "Don't ask me, it's probably their weird invention." Ryan then talks. "We used these big ranged weapons to unleash basically explosives on incoming enemy. Think of it as you using this." He pulls out his smartphone and shows the mages a picture of him with an artillery. "This is an artillery." Shocked and awe can be seen on both of their faces. Ryan then takes back his phone and searches for a video. "I kept a footage of an artillery strike. Have a look." The video plays, as two soldiers can be seen operating an artillery. One loads a munition, while the other one fires the artillery. The munition is fired to an open field, approximately 950 metres. An explosion can be seen, with the sound of impact can be heard after few seconds. The mages opens their eye wide, as they are amazed and terrified by the capability of the munition. "So that's why the Imperials couldn't stand a chance against these Unknowns... Is that the maximum range your 'artillery' can go?" Lelei asks, out of her curiosity. "Sorry to scare you both but, well our artillery strike could go far as long as..." Ryan faces towards Angela. "Angie, how far 30km by league?" Angela replies, after doing some mental calculations. " "16 league, Cap." Redfield faces back to the mages. "About 16 league."

"You people have these marvelous inventions, and also different genders can work together.. What kind of kingdom are you from?" Cato asks. "W-Well, kingdoms does not exist in our world anymore." Nora replies. "Understood." Cato, again speaks.

"How those your staffs work, since all of your staff are the same." Lelei throws another question at them. "Let me handle this, Ryan. You still need to learn Latin." He just agrees with Nora.

-----1617-----

Nora shows her rifle to both of the natives. "We load few small things that acts like an arrow into these black rectangle called 'magazine'. These small things, made of strong material are called bullets." She points towards the trigger and the barrel. "When we pull the trigger, a spark will trigger an explosive powder inside the bullet. The explosive will force the bullet to move out from the barrel at high speed. You can barely see the bullet travel out. That's how we kicked the Imperial's ass, our bullets moves faster and stronger than arrow."