19: We've All Got Daddy Issues

Start from the beginning

Persie nodded. "Nearly every night."

"But I do know why you ran away from everything, Persie," she spoke. Her voice was quiet and small, unlike anything the other girl would think could come from Annabeth. "Sometimes, I wish that I could too."

"So why don't you?" Persie tilted her head.

Annabeth looked back over her shoulder at the Winchesters. "I have things I want to do. I need to build something..."

"Permanent?"

She nodded. "Yeah, that. I just don't think that could be found in this kind of life."

Persie watched the way her friend watched the younger Winchester with longing before turning back to finish packing up her bag. Annabeth then sent a text, before turning her phone off with a sigh.

"You know, what? I think you're wrong."

Annabeth looked over at Persie in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Actually I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I'm going to try to prove that you're wrong, and I'm right, so here goes nothing-"

"You guys should learn to lock your doors," a British-accented voice chirped from the doorway. "Anyone could barge in."

"Anyone just did," Persie grumbled. She glared over at Bela, who waltzed right over to where Sam and Dean were standing. "Did you come to say goodbye or thank you?"

Bela frowned over at her before turning back to the Winchesters. "I've come to settle affairs." She took out four bound wads of cash from her designer bag. "Giving the spirit what he wanted, very clever, Sam. So, here."

Sam blinked, before looking over to Annabeth. "Wasn't just me, Annabeth actually-"

Bela threw them each a wad before he could finish. "It's 20,000 dollars. That should cover it."

Persie blinked down at the $5,000 that she knew was in her hand. What the Hades was this woman playing at?

Bela sighed, reading the tension in the room. "I don't like being in anyone's debt."

Dean shook his head at the woman. "So, ponying up 20 grand is easier for you than a simple thank you?" He let out a huff of laughter. "You're so damaged."

She gave him a sickly sweet smile. "Takes one to know one." She eyed the other two girls before turning back to the Winchesters. "Goodbye you two."

Then, as quickly as she entered their lives, she walked out the door without a backwards glance.

Persie let out a huff. "What a bitch."

"She's got style, you gotta give her that," Sam said, making Annabeth and Persie groan in unison.

Dean shrugged, flipping through the money. "I suppose."

"No, she is a narcissist with daddy issues," Annabeth decided. "Trust me, there is no style in that."

"I mean, I think all of us here have daddy issues," Persie continued, making Annabeth roll her eyes and the men both wince. "Sorry, not sorry, it's true. But I don't think that any of us would be acting like that anytime soon."

Dean let out a laugh. "You're not wrong."

Sam grabbed his bag and threw it over his shoulder. "Well, I suppose we best be going."

Annabeth nodded. "My ride is almost here."

Dean's eyebrows furrowed. "Your what?"

A young man dressed in all black stalked out of the shadows. "You called?"