"I didn't believe it at first, but once Ivana sent me the picture of Persephone, it was like seeing you the day I rescued you." Odin continues. I stay silent as I listen. "You may deny that she's your daughter, but Terry, out of all the children you had rescued, she was the only one you kept close by your side. Is it because she's an Eden Child?"

"I..." I swallowed and couldn't come up with an answer. I don't know what to say.

I knew Persephone was special, but not because of her status as an Eden Child. I didn't rescue her because she was one but because I felt familiar with her. As our eyes met, I saw myself through her. I initially denied it because I thought being kept as Eva's Eden Child made her special to me, but that wasn't the case. Everything about her I see me.

She is me.

Because she's a part of me.

I slump myself down on the chair and cover my mouth to muffle the sounds of cries. Once again, tears fall, running down my cheeks.

"Oh...god..." I trembled and became speechless again. "She's my daughter. I...I can't believe it."

All my life, I thought of myself as cruel to kill her child, but an unexpected turn of events when I found Persephone and discovered she was my dead daughter. God is playing tricks on me, but all evidence points to her.

"I know you seem overwhelmed," Odin says through the phone. "I had you taken out from the mission and handed it to Myles only because I want you to spend some time with Persephone. Her childhood life was spent in pain and horrors by Eva. As her mother, you can only compensate for that and show her unconditional love. I understand the feeling of losing a child, but yours is alive and well. Please don't make the same mistake as I did with my son. You are the only person who can pull her out of the darkness."

I sniffle and wipe my nose with the tissue I grab in front of me. "But how? How can I be a mother to her? She would hate me if she knew I tried to kill her."

I'm okay with her hating me for what I have done to her. For killing and leaving her with those bastards. I will never be forgiven.

"Stay by her side if she were to discover the truth that you're her mother. Be prepared and explain. Explain that you can so she can understand."

My mind is mixed with fear and anxiety as I often think of being alone. Persephone is a kind and clever child. If I were to tell her the truth about her mother, would she forgive me? A slight pinch in my brain starts to frustrate me.

"Take your time, Terry," I can feel the reassurance from Odin. His calming voice always eases my heart. "It's best to get to know your daughter, and what you youngsters say, jump the gun?" He chuckles.

A notorious man can bring humor to the conversation. Why Seth's jokes and teasing don't bother me? Sure, it gets to the point I'm annoyed by it, but that doesn't mean I hate it.

Wait, why am I bringing his name up?

I shake my head.

"When the time comes, you can tell her the truth."

"Yes, I understand," I sniffle. My eyes dried from crying.

Lately, I've been crying, which has never happened since I've been with Effie and the gang. Since Seth had entered my life, my emotions were all locked up with the past as Theresa until a small percentage of them were out.

A tad bit.

"Terry, before we end this conversation," Odin clears his throat, and I can sense through his tone that he is nervous. "I apologize. I've kept this from you. I treated you like my own. All I want is to protect you. If I were to tell you initially, you would have broken down Order's gate. I lost one child; I don't want to lose another. I should've told you. I'm sorry."

I understand the pain of losing a child. Although my child is alive, Odin will never get his son back. He meant well when he apologized and explained why he did. Once a child, I hated adults because they were liars and evil. My whole life, I hated them for what they did to me. Everything changed with Odin. He was the only adult I trusted, and I owed him my life for giving me a second chance. I love him as a father.

"You don't need to apologize, Odin," I pull a smile. "You were just protecting me."

"So...I'm forgiven? Aren't you mad at me? I wanted to talk to you, but I was too afraid to ask how you are and instead called Effie to ask." Hearing his tone is that of a nervous parent wanting forgiveness from his child.

I chuckle. "I was never mad at you in the first place."

"Good, good," he paused and breathed like he wanted to say something before I ended the call. I can feel something weird from his silence. "So, you and Seth, huh? Will I have more grandbabies once you and he are married?"

"Okay, hanging up now, bye!" Odin's laughter was cut short after I ended the call.

I threw my phone on the bed and covered my face, feeling the heat.

How could Odin make a joke like that?

I fan my face, slightly cooling the hotness off. But it's not working as usual. Thinking what Odin said just made it worse.

"Damn it, Effie," I grumble. I can't believe she told her grandpa what happened the other day.

Now, my life is even more ruined by this outcome. I touched my face and felt something liquid. Forgotten I had injured my knuckles, I went for the first aid kit in the bathroom and treated my wound while my face heated up more.

Fuck!

Me and Seth - married?

That isn't possible.

Suddenly, an image comes to mind of the thought of marrying Seth and having a child with him. Picturing him, our children include Persephone, knowing how open she is with Seth, a family.

Perfect. Harmonious. Happiness.

Yet, it wouldn't be peaceful in my line of work if I were to be with Seth. The thought of danger emerged from my mind. Death came to mind if Eva and the Order were involved. Eva will only stop her so-called empire once they have everything within her grasp. If the thought of losing Persephone is one thing losing, Seth will strike me, too. I can't have that life while the Order still walks the earth.

I can't.

I am still waiting.

Not until the house falls on Wicked Bitch of the Order to death. That is when I stole her red shoes to destroy everything she planned.