"Fuck...shit..." I lower myself and lean on the sink to keep myself from falling. "I thought..."

I lift my head. No, this has to be a lie. Ignoring the blood on my knuckles, I went for my phone. On speed dial, I called the person who had kept this secret from me since the beginning.

"Terry, how's the vacation going?" Odin says in his cheery tone.

"Tell me this isn't true," I respond in a hardened tone, going straight to the point of my rash call.

I need answers, and he's the only person I can think of in this situation.

"So, Kendall gave you the files, which she wasn't supposed to."

"Don't blame this on Kendall," my voice rose through the speaker. "I had asked it from her, and she knows the risk. No wonder Hector didn't send me the results because you interfered. But I want to hear the truth from you. Is this all true?"

I didn't hesitate to ask, but seeing my name on that DNA result gave me hope that it was all a hoax.

Odin sighed and probably thought about giving me the truth or something useless to hear. "It's true."

My legs turn numb as I almost stumble back. Luckily, the bed was behind me; otherwise, I would end up on the ground.

"That's bullshit!" I burst out. "Persephone can't be my daughter. I killed her. I killed her with my own hands. You knew that."

I was distraught before I distanced myself from Odin the day he took me in. After showing me kindness and warmth, I told him everything, especially what I did to my daughter. Odin didn't find me evil. Instead, he embraced me.

A mother killing her child is horrifying and cruel. Not even a lioness kills her cub. I'm much worse than a beast. I'm a monster, and Odin knew that.

"Terry," his voice is calm and ever trying to have me reduce my anger. "I know how shocking this is to you, but that child is your daughter. You didn't kill her. She's alive and by your side."

I shook my head and closed my eyes, pulling the memories of my baby girl, bathing her, and letting my hands go as she struggled in the water. There is no way my daughter survived.

"I don't believe you," I say, gritting my teeth.

"Terry, my child, it's clear how similar you and Persephone are alike. The file is proof. During the raid, an Order member saved Persephone before fleeing the area." There is no way Odin can be a liar. This man, who I see as a father figure, had never lied to me. He's an honest man with many demons, and I respect him as my boss and guardian.

I stay silent on the other end, just fuming with anger.

"I know how much you are angry with me. I understand," Odin says. "But I knew Persephone is your daughter since the beginning."

"What do you mean?"

"I had you sent to Barcelona for the black market auction to rescue the children. Do you remember Ivana? She told me one of her girls saw a child like you." Odin explains.

Ivana is one of Odin's closest friends and was an elite assassin in her youth known as Scorpion. Now a madam who owns an escort service in Spain. Her business is a place for intel on clients, including extensive reserved clientele to be terminated by Odin. But she isn't the only person of intel. Odin has a ton of small businesses used for intel worldwide.

Ivana helps girls who ran away or lost a home get off the streets and avoid being someone's whore. Though Ivana's business is a brothel house, she ensured none of her girls were harmed when they entertained clients.