Robin Buckley x Reader (Stranger Things)

(she/her) requested by myself 🥴
y/n pov

It was my first day working at Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream Parlor.

I knew some people who worked there, I've seen them at school.

There's Steve Harrington obviously and a girl named Robin.

She's pretty attractive. Wait, I mean nice. Yeah, she's really nice.

I had to wear some ridiculous sailor outfit to serve the customers.

But anything to work with pretty girl Robin.

I mean nice, she's very nice. Yes, just nice.

Anyways I needed this job because my parents kicked me out for being a homosexual.

I currently stayed with my friend Johnathan Byers. Or sometimes I slept in my car.

The very first day of work, I had to be trained by Robin early in the morning. I was so tired, I only got like an hour of sleep.

Robin showed me the things to do. Scooping ice cream, the register, the back room, etc.

The Star Court mall had only been open for a month now and there were a lot of people that came in and out of the parlor every day.

After working there for a few weeks, I found myself to take a liking to Robin.

She was very considerate to the customers and when I got too nervous and anxious, she'd take over the orders while I worked on the register.

We were currently on break in the back while Steve handled the last of the afternoon rush.

I heard Steve sigh and Robin smirked at me, pulling out Steve's board of rejection.

She opened the window towards the front.

"Hey loser, here's another one for the point board. You suck," Robin said.

That's the fourth time this week.

"Aw come on. Y/n, do you think I suck?" Steve asks, looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Suck what?" I ask, smirking at him.

"Oh my god. Get your mind out of the gutter and just go back on your break," Steve turns around as a couple walk in to the Parlor.

Robin closes the door and sits back down at the small break table.

"So Y/n, how's it been working here?" Robin asks as she eats some ice cream.

"It's not the best job to be honest but I really like working with you. I mean not that you're  the reason I hate my job or anything but you know," I ramble as I feel my face get hot.

"Yeah, the women are the best part though," Robin says, licking the ice cream and making eye contact with me.

Okay that was freaking hot.

I shivered and looked down. I didn't eat anything since I would be leaving soon anyways. I'd just grab someone from the food court later.

"I- um, I should get back to work," I said as I got up to go help Steve with the test of the customers.

I walk back out to the front counter and Steve sighs in relief as a group of kids with their parents come in.

56 orders and 164 scoops of ice cream later, we finished and closed the parlor.

Robin, Steve and I walked out of the shop and I stopped at Burger King before they closed.

We had our usual routine of walking out together but Steve had to rush off. He said he just remember that he had to help his children or something like that.

He's 18, he doesn't have kids. I mean, that we know of.

Anyway it was Robin and I in the parking lot in my car. I usually have her a ride home but I was eating a burger because I was starving.

"So Y/n, I need to tell you something," Robin says as I finish off my beautiful burger. I love food.

"Yeah?" I ask, wiping my mouth with my hand.

"I like girls," Robin says.

My heart picks up. I go quiet and Robin sighs next to me.

"I made things weird didn't I? I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything," Robin whispers.

"I'm relieved actually," I confessed.

"Wait what? You're not disgusted?" Robin asks.

"Robin, I'm just like you. I like girls too," I smile at her. I reach out and squeezed her hand.

"Do you like me? Like more than friends?" Robin asked.

"Yeah, since I first started working actually. And I've noticed you in school," I confessed.

"Oh thank God. I've been wanting to kiss you so badly," Robin exclaimed.

I blushed. She wanted to kiss me?

"I- oh god. I. I- um I," I stutter.

"Woah did I actually make you speechless?" Robin chuckled and I hit her lightly.

I turn towards her and our faces move closer together.

She looks down at my lips and I look at hers.

(a/n: I took that from the byler movie theater scene)

Our lips connect and we kiss. We kiss as of our lips fit ever so perfectly together. And it felt so right to kiss Robin even though I somewhat felt guilty.

I didn't know why I was guilty because I was kissing the most hot and attractive girl in Hawkins, Indiana.

Nevertheless, I kissed Robin with as much passion as if It we're our last kiss. Because I've waited for this for so long that I didn't know what I was missing.

We pulled apart and gasped for air.

Robin smiled warmly at me and I hid my face blushing.

"Aww you're adorable when you do that y/n," Robin says.

"Shut up," I laugh embarrassed.

I started the car and we drove around until we got to Robins house.

"My parents aren't home," She said.

"I should go though. I don't want to worry Johnathan," I said.

"Thank you for driving me home," Robin said.

She opened her door to leave but j grabbed her hand.

"Wait! Robin, what are we exactly?" I asked her.

"Girlfriends," She said blowing me a kiss as and closing the door. She waved at me as she stood my her front door.

I waved back even though I knew she probably couldn't see me.

I drove to the Byers house knowing I had a smoking hot girlfriend.

I'm in love.