Denki x GN! Reader (MHA)

Denki Kaminari x Gender Neutral! Reader
(they/them/theirs)

Y/n and Denki have been dating for almost a year now. They met in UA and have grown close because of their hero training.

Today, Y/N wanted to surprise their boyfriend with a cute little date.

Of course, Mina and Kirishima wanted to help plan it because they were y/n's best friends.

Y/N had settled on a casual dinner date and then Netflix in the dorms.

Denki was finishing his group training with Bakugou and Sero and y/n was really excited.

They were bursting with energy and excitement to see their very handsome boyfriend.

Y/n ran out of their dorm and waited outside to locker rooms.

Once Denki popped his head out, they were off on their date.

Y/n chose the most fanciest eatery in a mile radius.

Burger King.

Okay okay hear me out. Y/n was broke and didn't have a lot of money. So they decided to go to burger king because they knew Denki wouldn't mind.

"Oh hey y/n," Y/n turned around at the sound of their name.

"Shh, I'm waiting for Denki," Y/n grinned at Sero, who's hair was dripping wet from his shower.

"Oh, well he'll be another few minutes. Bakugou was hogging the shower with Kirishima," Sero said.

"But Kirishima didn't have training," Y/n asked confused.

"Well they're both very busy in the shower training right now," Sero smirks as realizations hits Y/n.

"Oh my god," Y/n laughs.

"Well have fun y/n," Sero says as he walks to the kitchen. "Use protection." He winks at y/n before disappearing behind the kitchen walls.

Y/n waits another few minutes and then sees Denki walk out the doorway.

"Finally," Y/n grins, pulling him with them as they walk towards the exit.

"Woah there y/n," Denki laughs.

They stop pulling Denki right by the doors.

"I'm taking you on a very expensive and luxurious date," Y/n grins.

Denki's face falters as he glances down at his t-shirt and Pikachu sweatpants.

"I'm joking silly, we're going to your favorite restaurant," Y/n squeals

"Oh heck yeah. Burger king my beloved," Denki screeches and momentarily short circuits.

Y/n laughs and pats their boyfriend on the back.

Denki was still in his 'dumb' state as Y/n dragged him out the door.

He regained consciousness and was very delighted when he saw they were halfway to Burger King.

Y/n and Denki ordered and decided to eat their 'really fancy' food in a nearby park.

"Babe, can I be honest with you?" Denki asked Y/n.

Y/n nodded, kind of nervous.

"I never thought that I'd meet someone like you. Someone who accepts me and my quirk. I wouldn't want to be with someone who thinks I'm stupid or something because I overused my quirk. You know what? I think I'm in love with you," Denki smiled at his partner.

A sigh of relieved went through y/n and they felt their cheeks get red.

"I love you too Kami," Y/n said, mentioning the pet name for their boyfriend. "You're the best thing that's happened to me since getting into UA."

"Thank you babes, that really means a lot to me," Denki said, smiled at his partner as he leaned into kiss them.

They shared a short kiss and continued to eat their food, sharing the occasion thought.

When they got back to the dorms, Y/n have a big thumbs up to Mina, Kirishima and Sero as they passed them.

Denki and Y/n went into Denki's dorm room and spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching their favorite shows together.

Y/n and Denki were both satisfied that they confessed their love to their partner.

Y/n was happy Denki accepted them. Denki was happy that y/n trusted him enough with their affection and thoughts.