Last night was the worse one though, i got brave and asked her about my parents but i asked to early as she was still slightly sober.

F L A S H B A C K

She had come home early, her presence reeking of alcohol and other things. I scrunched my nose in disgust as she walked by me totally ignoring me which is weird she usually throws and few hits and insults my way.

She sat on the couch starring out the window, her eyes wide as she looked at the sun beaming through the old wooden windows.

It was always cold in the house she could never afford to keep heat in the place or keep food in the fridge.

"Your mother and i use to best friends, she was my rock" she suddenly spoke starling me

I looked at her confused and ever so slightly walked closer into the living room but not to close to her as i don't know what sate shes in.

"We were close but then she met that father of yours Nicholas, he was a dickhead i always hated him. I was jealous all my life she has everything and then she had the one thing i never could" she carried on her eyes brimming with tears as she spoke about my parents

"What happened" I whispered

My hands were sweating and my hopes were up praying she wouldn't hit me or beat me for asking a question.

"You and your brothers happened" she sneered, suddenly changing into the woman I always knew

She rose from the couch and stalked towards me like i was her pray, her hands stuck me twice before she pushed me down and began kicking me. It was at this moment i knew messed up for ever speaking.

Tears strained in my eyes as i thought about what she said, me and my brothers.

I had brothers, more than one

I always wanted siblings, especially after seeing kids in school having a family and plying with their brothers and sisters, while I was always alone not even having a mother figure in my life.

I had finished cooking and cleaning the kitchen when i glanced at the time it was 5:15 and she wasn't home. My eyes lit up hoping she wouldn't come home tonight so i could eat some food, its been 2 days since i last ate anything and that was a sandwich my 'friend' gave me.

••••

An hour had passed and she still wasn't home, at this point I think i was the happiest girl in the world. That was until the door knocked it was a soft knock after a while I started memorizing the knocks and who it belonged to yet this one was different unlike one I'd ever heard.

Slowly i walked over to the door scared to answer as whoever behind there could be dangerous, my heart was racing as i opened it only to see 2 police officers with solum looks planted on their faces.

"Are you Ezmie" one asked softly i nodded my head confused

"My names Emma and this is Lola, may we come in Ezmie" the woman who i learnt was Emmas asked, again i nodded my head allowing them in.

Their eyes studied the place as they walked into the living room, they sat down and signaled for me to as well, i reluctantly sat next to Lola as she began talking.

Luckily I had cleaned the house beforehand

"Ezmie, I'm really sorry to have to say this but your guardian Ashley has been involved in a hit and run and has unfortunately lost her life"

The color from my face faded as i thought about what Lola just said, tears pooled in my eyes however they weren't tears of sadness they were tears of joy. All my prayers had finally been answered.

Emma and Lola looked at me with sympathy something i loathed, I immediately stopped the tears not wanting to cry in front of the officers who looked shocked at my sudden change in moods.

"What's going to happen to me now?" I asked my voice quivering

"Your going to meet a social worker and get DNA tested at the police station to see if you have any family left that would take you in otherwise its an orphanage I'm afraid" Emma spoke softly

My thoughts immediately went to my mother and father as well as my suppose brothers but i knew that was stupid to even think she was probably lying, its what she was known for to be a pathological liar.

Plus they would never want me back

••••

The police station was busy for 7pm, many cops sitting at their desk with cups of coffee in their hands as they read through evidence and wrote reports. My eyes lingered around as i viewed and took in every detail.

I was brought into a room, a couch situated towards the side and a table in the middle with seats surrounding. Emma and Lola haven't left me, always checking to ensure I'm okay.

A women walked dressed in formal attire a smile on her face as she talked to the police officers, while i drowned them out thinking about everything thats just happened in the past hour.

My aunt died, I'm all alone.

"Ezmie, this is Carly your social worker" Lola introduced

I smiled and waved a bit, while she sat next to me and began explaining the process of whats going to happen. Emma and Lola had already taken my DNA and we were waiting for the results to come back.

••••

A few hours later, Lola waltzed in a smile growing on her face as she took Carly and Emma outside to talk. My nerves were eating me alive, would my biological parents want me back i mean they did give me away to Ashley.

They all walked back in all wearing similar grins which were starting to creep me out.

"Ezmie, your results came back" Carly smiled

I looked at them nervous for what they were going to say but I didn't expect the next things to fly out their mouths.

"We found your parents and they would love nothing more than to have you return home" Emma smiled

I was ecstatic for a moment but that soon faded once I realized they properly don't want me and fell pitied to take me in. My breathing started to be irrational, i was having a panic attack. Luckily Lola stopped and got me to calm down before it got worse.

"Your parents are on their way" she smiled

I guess this was it, i meeting the people who brought me on to this planet.

Edited
1612 words