Chapter 7 - The Blacksmith

(Ciel's Perspective)

My five senses gradually come back as [Sleep] is deactivated. I can feel something wrapping my back. It's so warm and comfortable.

I slowly open my eyelids.

Master.... I'm greeted by a sight of Master's peaceful sleepy face just less than twenty centimeters from my face. Seeing his face up this close, I just realized something.

My face feels so hot. I... I didn't know that Master's face can be this c-c-c-cute?

I'm reminiscing the emotional moments that happened last night.

###

I finally dared myself to ask Master why he felt a need to do all of that just for me. I was willing to do everything for his sake. I never wished for a single reward. So, why did Master bother to do that?

I never expected Master to react that way. He seemed so disappointed.

"Ciel, are you not feeling happy when I gave you something special? Is that what you mean?"

Those words were simple, yet so sharp.

Yes, I did never wish to be given something special. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling happy when I received it.

That was the first time I couldn't find an answer to Master's words. I couldn't find a single reason to back it up. I could only stutter.

He held my shoulders, saying out loud that he didn't want to hear me saying those things again.

Then suddenly, without me expecting it at all, he wrapped his hands around my waist, taking me into his embrace.

That was the first time I felt this. I could feel a warmth from Master's body, even though our bodies were supposed to not emit any heat due to their nature as slime body. That warmth got into me, spreading all over my body, reaching the deepest part of my chest.

"Even though you do see me as your master, Ciel, I never consider you as my servant, nor as my skill. I consider you as my partner, and only as my partner. Nothing else. What a horrible partner I am if I don't show any care for my partner."

Ah, right. How can I forget that fact? Even when I was still a mere unique skill, he already considered me as his partner.

"I'm so grateful that you came into my life, accompanying me on my long journey from the very beginning of my second life. I feel like I am the luckiest person in this world, and even in the entire worlds, to have you as my partner. Without you, I would've never achieved anything big back then."

Master is the greatest person alive. There is no way he wouldn't achieve anything. "No. Even without me, Master would surely—" I was about to rebut it, but I was immediately cut by his index finger on my lips.

"No, I wouldn't. Because 'I' am not 'myself' without 'you'. You're my partner, whom I can always put my trust in; and will always be like that, even for eternity."

Those words shook my entire existence. An overwhelming happiness began to fill myself.

I was gritting my teeth, keeping my tears from falling. But it was to no avail. I couldn't hold it anymore.

I burst towards Master and hug him very tightly. I buried my face on his chest. "I am so happy to have Master as my master. Thank you for desiring me. Thank you for making me alive. Thank you for always trusting me. Thank you for making me your partner."

"Yeah. If you want to cry, just let it out as loud as you can. Throw away all your worries, your concerns, to me, your master. You'll never be alone. Because I, your master, will always be here at your side, accompanying you."