"Hey." You say.

"Hi hi~ how was school~" he asks.

"I got my palisman!" You grin.

He frowns.

"Ah that reminds me, I have a mission tonight, I should be back around 6-7." Hunter says.

"Aaaaannnddd~ since your my maid~ would you mind cleaning my room up for me while I'm gone?" Hunter says poking your cheek.

You roll your eyes.

"Don't call me maid, I'm just your caretaker." You sigh.

"Same thing~!" Hunter chuckles, sitting down next to you, resting his arms on the table.

"Hey why'd you ignore me last night?" Hunter frowns.

"Cause I don't like talking about artificial vs wild magic with you it's just one of the disagreements we have." You say.

"Hmm." Hunter rolls his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" You exclaim.

"You got your palisman right?" Hunter asks.

"Mmhm." You say.

"What animal is it?" He asks.

"A fawn." You smile.

"A fawn? You don't happen to have it with you do you?" Hunter asks.

"I do, but I'm not showing you, cause I don't trust you with it." You say.

"Oh booo~ please Can i see?" He asks.

You stay silent for a bit and look down. That's when he placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Im not gonna hurt it I know it means a lot to you, I'm not that mean, I'm only curious." Hunter says sweetly.

His words put you a bit at ease, and you sigh. You go through your bag and pull out your fawn, shes currently wooden right now.

"Wake up." You say softly.

The little fawn does what you say and sprouts on all its fours and hops into your arms. You immediately smile as it curls up on your chest.

"Isn't she adorable?" You say.

"She's... okay." Hunter says, somewhat glaring at it.

The fawn looks at Hunter and it's eyes begin to sparkle, then it jumps into Hunters arms.

"W-wait! Palisman! No!" You say.

"W-wha..?" Hunter blushes as it curls into his arms.

"G-get away! Your dangerous!" Hunter says.

The fawn lifts her head and licks Hunters cheek. He stays extremely still not knowing whether to react or not.

You were about to take her off of him but you couldn't help but giggle.

"WHATS SO FUNNY!?" Hunter exclaims.

"She likes you!" You say.

"She's dangerous!!" Hunter says.

"No shes not look at her..." you smile.

Hunter gently lets her go, but she ends up clinging to his leg.

"G-get her off me!" Hunter says.

You laugh and pick the fawn up, she turns back into wood and you place her back into your book bag.

"Ugh... I have to go in a few hours... but would you like to read more Azura..? I wanted to last night with you but you ignored me~" Hunter pouts.

"Fine, Cmon." You say pulling the book out your bag.

The 2 of you end up reading some more chapters. You both even managed to finish the 3rd book. Eventually Hunter had to go, so now you had to clean his room, since your his caretaker now. How fun.

"Ah! Before I go, um, the box on the bottom shelf of my bookshelf don't open it, please." Hunter says.

You roll your eyes.

"Yeah yeah idiot, go to your mission, don't do anything stupid Kay?" You say patting his back edging him to leave.

"Gosh~ want me to leave already?" Hunter laughs.

"The sooner I can get to work!" You say.

"Okay okay, I'll be back soon, bye!!" Hunter waves after zooming off onto his broom.

You watch him zoom off, he didn't end up going far he ended up heading to the roof to use a ship instead, must be a serious mission.

You walk back into the castle and head into Hunters room, staring the place down, figuring out where to clean first.

How did it get so dirty, weren't you here 2 days ago?

There's paints and paints splattered everywhere and pieces of some sort of fabric? And thin cardboard. Looks like he was crafting something?

You start with the splattered paint, and scrape it and wipe it down. Then you put away all the scissors and glue and so on, and place the fabric on his desk all neatly.

About an hour or 2 later you were done, well, his laundry was washing so you were just focused on that but while you waited you were in your phone, texting the group chat like usual.

"Hmm maybe I could work on the plants, they said I could." You say walking out to the halls.

Just like that you start fixing up the plants. That's when someone from behind approaches you.

"Excuse me miss? Your the Golden Guards maid yes?" A guard asks.

"CARETAKER." You say through gritted teeth.

"Ah... well... we just heard news from Kikimora... his ship crashed, his whereabouts are unknown at the moment." He says.

"Wait.. what?" You say.

"I think... he's gone, all that remained were his clothes and mask." He says.

You start getting pale.

"You're relieved from your duty miss, I'm so sorry." He says.

"What...?" Your voice gets softer.

"Ha.. right.. this.. this is a prank.." you say beginning to shake.

You slowly make your way back to Hunters room. Then you sit on his bed, trying not to tear up.