Swatch x Reader

(The song I imagine playing later in the story is merry-go-round of life, so I highly recommend playing it

(The song I imagine playing later in the story is merry-go-round of life, so I highly recommend playing it. :) )

I stood outside Swatches shop bouncing in place with a clearly anxious expression, brows furrowed together as my palms sweat.

"Cmon' Y/n you can do this." I silently hyped myself up to enter The Color Cafe, Trying to get my feet moving.

"Ugh! I can't do this!" I turned away, rubbing my hands together, picking at the skin of my nails.

"This is so stupid...what if they reject me??" I start worrying, I've had a crush on Swatch practically from the first day I met them. During their breaks they'd talk to me, and during my free time I'd stop by their shop to say hello and buy something just for the opportunity to see them.

I had a slight feeling they might like me back, but after overthinking everything I started thinking maybe their just friendly like that. We've hung out enough that I should know how they act by now, but I wasn't completely sure of myself.

"I'll try again tomorrow." I sigh in defeat, letting my arms drop and my shoulders hunch, beginning my walk back to my house.

"Ah, Y/n! I thought that was you." Swatches voice perks up. I turn around quickly to see them leaning out the shop door, waving cheerfully at me with their usually welcoming smile.

"Not even going to stop by to say hello? I thought different of you Y/n..." They jokingly frown before reverting back to their smile.

"Ah! I uhm- I thought I dropped something on my way in, so I was looking, you can never be too careful!" I lie, walking back towards Swatch.
"It must have been my imagination..." I laugh nervously, getting closer to the taller being.

"That is quite true..." they agree, laughing lightly.
"Would you like to come and chat for a while...? The days been awfully slow and I always do enjoy our conversations." Swatch motioned to the inside of The Color Cafe, gently setting a hand on the top half of my back.

"S-sure! I love y- I'd love too!" I correct myself, feeling the nervousness sink into my stomach by Swatches close, comforting presence.

As we walked into the cafe Swatch walked up to a table, pulling out a chair and motioning their hand for me to take a seat. I smiled at Swatches kind gesture, taking the seat as they pulled a chair out for themselves.

"So..." Swatch started, placing an elbow on the table, resting their jaw in the palm of their hand.

"...do you have anything planned for the day?" Swatch finished.