Kris x Reader

I sat chewing the end of my pencil aggressively, stuck after school to finish schoolwork that I just couldn't wrap my head around

"Stupid..that makes no sense...??!" I grumbled grabbing a fistful of my hair angrily with the hand I was leaning my head on.

I was the only one in the classroom, a deadly silent classroom with only the clock ticking second by second.
I continued mumbling to fill the silence in my head, scribbling out my wrong answers and desperately trying to find the correct ones.

Suddenly a hand tapped on my desk, bringing my attention to whoever was trying to get it, only to be met with Kris's friendly face.

"Oh, Kris!" I smiled, finally something to lighten my angry mood. "What are you doing here?" I question, knowing I'm the only one supposed to be in here. They pointed a thumb behind them, motioning towards the door.
"Wanna go get milkshakes?" they mouthed, suggesting to leave my work behind.

"Huh? I have schoolwork...you know that." I rose a brow, setting down the thoroughly chewed-on pencil.
"...and?" They shrugged, making me feel like Susie's actions were starting to rub off on them.

"Hm..." I sighed, getting up from my desk.

"Yeah, let's ditch this place before I rip my hair out." I decide, giggling as I grabbed onto Kris's hand, leaving the school quickly before Alphys noticed I was gone.

"So, anything new happen to you today?" I asked Kris as we walked down the school steps, trying to stir up conversation.
Kris simply shook their head 'no' which was my expectant answer, knowing not much happens in this small town anyways.
"Yeah me neither..." I shove my free hand into my pocket, feeling something in it.

"Oh! But I did make you this!" I bounce pulling out the small handmade object, handing it to Kris.

"It's a paper ring! I know it's kinda silly but I made it in class today with the work we were supposed to do... that's why Alphys made me stay after school to re-do it..."  I admit feeling my face shy away from Kris's reaction.

They looked at it for a moment before taking it from my palm, putting it on almost immediately.

"Do you like it...?" I smile shyly hoping it wasn't too dumb of a gift.

Kris looked at me, a smile on their lips and blush on their cheeks. They nodded, letting go of my hand to hug me, showing their appreciation.

"I'm glad, it cost me my grade," I laugh, feeling Kris release me from the hug, returning back to our hand-holding.

Before long we were already at QC's Diner, Entering the building we were immediately surrounded by the smell of food, making my mouth water. I did a quick glance around the diner, spotting a few familiar faces from around town and school.