"This should be our wedding," He whispered sincerely into my ear. My heart swelled with those simple words, it reminded me of how much he wanted me.

"Then put a ring on it." I said, dazed from his words as my lips brushed against his neck. He seemed to like the sensation because a low growl rumbled in his chest.

After a few moments of holding each other as close as possible, the song finally ended. We were approached by several guests who danced alongside us, greeting us warmly and congratulating us on our rare union. I appreciated how kind everyone was to us and a pleasant feeling washed over me as I exchanged warm smiles with them. My smile soon faltered as I spotted a slim blonde strutting her way over to us in 6 inch stilettos. She had a determined expression on her face and I noticed that Rayne tensed up next to me.

"Babe, don't freak out. I forgot to mention that she was going to be here..." Rayne said apologetically as she came closer. The realization hit me hard, that was Blair.

"You forgot?" 'Don't freak out!?' " I shouted loud enough that only he would hear. The very woman that wanted to run off with my mate, the woman that almost tore us apart was standing before us with a smile on her face. It made sense why she was here, this was her pack and Blake was her brother but it still hurt being around her. She brought back all the painful memories from when Rayne told me about her. She actually made me think I wasn't good enough for him, that I'd never have that type of influence over him l and he'd be doomed to have that voice in his mind, telling him he's supposed to be with her. A part of me still questioned if I was truly over it or not.

"Hey there, congratulations on finding your mate, Ray!" She said to him, as if I wasn't there. Ray? She had a nickname for my mate? Someone, please hold my earrings!

"Thank you Blair, this is Ashlyn." He said gesturing to me, still tense. If looks could kill, he'd be so dead as I gave him the meanest side eye. I straightened up and flickered my gaze to meet hers and gave her a brief once over to see exactly what she had going on. She had the same blonde hair, figure and ivory skin as her mother but had her fathers steel gray eyes. She was attractive but enough about her appearance, I just wanted to get this introduction over with.

"Pleasure to meet you," She said in distaste while scanning me briefly.

I forced a dazzling smile onto my face that threw her off guard. "The pleasure's all mine," I continued because I couldn't help it. "May I ask why you're staring at me like that?" I asked innocently. Kill em' with kindness, Ithought as I heard my mother's voice in my head. She raised me to be a classy lady, I'm not about to lose my temper over this 'has been' in front of me. No promises Ash...

"Sorry, I just thought Fate would gave Rayne a mate more of his...type." She feigned that she was in deep thought. My eyes widened but straightened up my spine. Not today Satan.

Before I could reply, Rayne growled in warning at Blair. She visibly flinched at the sound and I glanced at him briefly. He looked beyond pissed. Me on the other hand, my eyes were burning with unshed tears of anger. She had a mate of her own, she had no need to stay attached to mine.

"Don't you have anywhere else to be? Somewhere more productive, perhaps?" He said icily. He really wasn't having any of this but I continued on.

"And what exactly is his type?" I challenged.

"Oh, I am being productive. Trying to prove to you that you made a mistake by accepting her is enough work in itself." She said to him, ignoring my question and causing to to step closer to her automatically.