Changes (Herophine) - part 7

Josephine

"Just drive me to the hotel, Josephine."

"Hero... What's wrong? I thought you were staying with me..."

"I changed my mind. So, will you take me to the hotel or I should find a cab?"

"Not until you explain me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong, Jo."

"Let's talk in my car. I don't want to get all the attention."

"Fine. Let's go."

He starts to walk faster than me to the exit. What the fuck is wrong with him? Yesterday he was fine and now he is fucked up. I run after him and we arrive at my car. I open the trunk and he puts his suitcase there. We get in, but I don't start the car.

"Tell me what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I am totally fine."

"No, you are not. Yesterday, when we talked, you were so excited to see me and you told me what you want to do with me and now you just want to stay at a hotel?!"

"I think we should stop doing this. Seeing each other and messing around." When I hear his words, I feel a sharp pain in my heart. No. This is not possible.

"Hero..." I look at him. "I... I don't want this to stop."

"Stop acting, Jo. It's totally fine if we end here. You found someone else and it's fine."

"What are you talking about?!"

"I saw you last night. You let him drive you home. And you let him kiss you. I'm asking why you didn't invite him in your apartment." Jesus! What the fuck is wrong with this?

"He is just my co-star in my movie. And he was nics to drive me home. But he didn't kiss me, Hero!"

"And then what's with these pictures?" He takes out his phone, showing me some pictures from last night when my co-star, Patrick Schwarzenegger brought me home. We were in his car and he just kissed my cheek. Oh... I understand now. He is jealous.

"Patrick was just nice. He took me home, that's it. I have no idea why you believe all the stupid thing on the social media. I have nothing to do with a man in a relationship."

"So, you don't have any connection with him?"

"Just friends. You don't have to be jealous."

"I'm not jealous."

"Yeah." I giggle and I start the car. "I was jealous on Friday too. When I hear that girl on your Instagram story."

"Jealous on Abby?" He smirks. My Hero is back.

"Yeah, but then I saw a picture with all of you and I saw her with her girlfriend."

"I'm single."

"And so am I."

"Drive to you apartment."

"Good. Because we need to talk."

"Yeah, we need to talk." He smirks.

After one hour, we are finally back at my apartment.

"So, what do you want to talk?" He asks me while he sits on the couch. "Come here, I'm not going to eat you." He gives me his hand and I take it. He drags me in his lap. Great. In this position for sure we can have a talk.

"You can start."

"You were the first who said that we have to talk."

"No, you go first."

"Ok, fine. We can't keep playing like this." What?

"What do you mean?"

"Since I saw you one month ago, I was thinking about you a lot and knowing you with another man... This made me so jealous and I put every piece in my head, ending with the idea of falling in love with you."

"Are you in love with me?" I almost hear myself. Hero's confession is something else... I never thought that he will say this to me...

"Yes. After four years... I finally figured out my feelings for you. And I love you, Josephine." He cups my face, forcing me to look in his eyes. "And if the feeling is so mutual, it's fine. I just wanted to tell you this. I couldn't keep this in me."

"Shh." I put my hands on his hands, and I try to not cry. "And I am in love with you, Hero... I love you." He smiles and then he kisses me. I live for this kiss. It's different and it has more passion. It's a good kiss. A kiss full of love. When we stop the kiss, I feel my lips swollen and his are the same.

"So, we're officially a thing?" he smirks and he moves his hand on my back, now I'm straddling him.

"Not yet."

"Why not? Do you need something more official? Like a real date?"

"No. I have to tell you something before to make it official. I don't know if you will still want me after this."

"What's going on? You are married? You are sick? You are having a kid?"

"Well... Kind of. We are having a baby." I bite my lips and I look at his reaction. At first I can't read him, but then...

"We? What are you talking about?"

"I'm pregnant. Nine weeks."

"What?!"

"I know I said I will..." He cuts me off by letting me on the couch and he stands up, leaving the apartment. Shit. I quickly get up and I run after him. "Hero! Wait!" he is already gone in the elevator.

Fuck. I walk back to my apartment and I close the door. I have tears in my eyes and my heart is hurting me. Why he ran away? Why this is happening in this way? I bite my lips to not burst in tears. But it's impossible. I love him and I can't lose him like this.