Changes (Herophine) - part 6

Josephine

I have to step on my ego and call him. I can call him to wish him a happy birthday. And to ask him when he is coming to LA. I can't just tell him that I'm pregnant trough a phone call. But I will do this tomorrow morning. He is having fun with his friends in club and I don't want to mess up everything. Or I should call him now? Maybe if I call him later, he will believe that I forgot about his birthday. Well, let's try. I dial his number and after a few rings, he answers.

Phone call

"Happy birthday, Hero! I wish you the best!"

"Thanks, Jo. I'm glad you called me."

"I couldn't miss wishing you happy birthday. I saw you are having fun with your friends, so I'm gonna hang up."

"No, don't. I'm outside, alone. I'm smoking and I can talk."

"Oh, good."

"How are you?"

"I'm good. I'm filming for a new romance movie. What about you?"

"As always, I am having fun and I travel around the Europe for modelling. Oh, I will come to LA on Sunday. Do you wanna have dinner together?"

"Yeah, sure. Can I make dinner for us? I don't think we should go out. Maybe the fans will believe that it's something between us."

"Yeah, that's fine."

"When you arrive?"

"Sunday, around 1 pm."

"I can come after you at the airport. Just send me a text with the details of your flight."

"Good."

"Good. Have fun, Hero."

"Thanks."

I end the call and I can't believe how close we are... He is so sweet and it's clearly why I'm in love with him. But... I don't know if a baby will bring us together. After I heard that girl, I don't think it's possible for us to be a thing. But I will be ok with co-parenting or even I will be ok to have this baby alone.

I decide to look over Rose's mail. Tomorrow it's an event with a lot of starts and I think I should go. My doctor told to continue my normal activities, so I send a text to Rose to announce her that I will be there. I also ask her if there is a dress code and she text me back: All black. So, I stand up and I go to check my closet to see what black clothes I have. I find a black dress. I have to try this to see if it fits. I take off my clothes and I put on the dress. Shit. It's a little bit tight and if I look from one side, I can see a little bump. No one could guess that it's a pregnancy, but I'm not gonna risk it. I look for another dress and I find one. I have a black wool dress and I will put a black belt around my waist, not giving attention to my silhouette. I quickly get dressed and I take a pic and I send it to Rose. Or at least, I thought I send it to Rose. I look again on my phone and I see that I sent the picture to... Hero. Fuck. I can't do anything because he is already typing.

Wear that dress on Sunday. I think I will enjoy taking it off from you. – Hero

Shit. Sorry. This wasn't supposed to be sent here. I wanted to send it to Rose. I have an event tomorrow and I needed her ok for this outfits. I'm really sorry. ­– Jo

Well, if Rose doesn't approve your outfit, I do. Where are you going? – Hero

Tomorrow evening it's an event with a lot of starts and I will go. I'm glad you like my outfits. – Jo

You are having fun, right? – Hero

Yes. You should have fun there too. – Jo

I arrived home. Felix and Morgan got too drunk and I had to take both home. And now I can't sleep. – Hero

You are not drunk? – Jo.

No. I just had two drinks and that's it. – Hero

What a good boy. :> - Jo

Good boy? I will show you how good I am when I will see you. - Hero

Good night, Hero. - Jo

I let my phone and I go to eat something because I'm hungry. I prepare two sandwiches and while I'm eating, I will think about what I can cook for Hero on Sunday. He likes pastas, so I can cook some lasagna or chicken pasta? I will ask him tomorrow through a message.

*

It's Sunday and I'm ready to the airport to take Hero. I put on my sunglasses and my cap, then I go to my car and I drive to the airport. I hope that the paparazzi won't be there. I don't want to hear rumors about me and Hero again. Especially now, when we will have a baby. Tonight, I will tell him about my pregnancy and I just hope him to have a good reaction. I know I kinda lied him when I told him that I will the the morning-after-pill, but... We will see what we are going to do.

After 45 minutes in traffic, I finally arrive at Hero's terminal. It's 1 pm and he should be here. A few minutes later, I see him coming to me. He doesn't smile. What's wrong?

"Hi!" I go to him and I hug him, but hw doesn't hug me back. "Hero?"

"Just drive me to the hotel, Josephine."