How Far I'll Go

🐬

[Kai]: I've been staring at the edge of the water..Long as I can remember..-He gets up and walks towards the ocean- Never really knowing why..

Kai lets out a deep breath as he looks towards the village.

[Kai]I wish I could be the perfect son..But I come back to the water..No matter how hard I try..

Kai turns, running a his hands through his hair in aggravation as Pua tailing after him.

[Kai]: Every turn I take..Every trail I track..-Kai glances back at Pua as they walk across the island, landing at the ocean once more- Every path I make..Every road leads back..To the place I know where I cannot go..Where I long to be..

He pushes the leaves out of the way, he races ahead and jumps onto one of the boats.

[Kai]: See the line where the sky meets the sea..It calls me!..And no one knows..-He grabs the roap, pretending to adjust the sail- How far it goes..If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me..

Kai leans forward, holding the mast as notices Pua approaching with an oar.

[Kai]: One day I'll know..-He grabs it with a smile, looking over it before frowning- If I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go..

Kai plants the oar in the sand, before walking away from the shore without looking back.

[Kai]: I know everybody on this island seems so happy on this island..Everything is by design..-Kai catches a falling coconut, forcing a smile to the man who dropped it-

Pua rushes after him, squealing as a carpet was thrown over him accidentally. He peeks out from it, flopping with another squeal. Kai tosses a coconut to man with a grin, halting to avoid children with a laugh.

[Kai]: I know everybody on this island has a role on this island..-He waves to the kids as they rush away, his eyes trailing up to the mountain- So maybe I can roll with mine..

Kai walks up the mountain, taking long strides as he looks ahead in determination.

[Kai]: I can lead with pride, I can make us strong, I'll be satisfied if I play along..-He goes to set a stone on the others, hesitating with a frown- But the voice inside sings a different song..What is wrong with me?!..

Kai shakes his head as he takes a step away from the stones, looking back at the ocean. His eyes lit up as a smile appeared on his face.

[Kai]: See the light as it shines on the sea..-he tosses the stone as he starts rushing- It's blinding! But no one knows..-Kai grabs a palm tree leaf, using it to slide down a fallen tree trunk closer to floor- How deep it goes. And it seems like it's calling out to me..So come find me..

He races past his Chief headdress. Kai leaps to avoid rushing geysers.

[Kai]And let me know.. 

He skids to a stop, panting lightly. Pua squeals happily when he sees Kai.

[Kai]: What's beyond that line, will I cross that line..-He pushes the boat onto the water, and Pua enjoying the breeze on the front- The line where the sky meets the sea..

Kai leaping into the boat and using the oar to paddle.

[Kai]It calls me! And no one knows..How far it goes..-The wind blows gently, the waves calm as Kai lowers his hand in the water with a small laugh- If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me..