Where You Are

♪🐬

[Tui]: You are the next great Chief of our people..-Tui speaks softly, Sina approaching with a smile. Sina lowers herself with her arms outstretched, Kai giggling and quickly racing to his mother-

[Sina]: And you'll do wondrous things, my little minnow!..-Sina coos, pecking Kai's cheek after twirling him around- 

[Tui]: Oh, yes..But first, he must learn where he's meant to be...

♪♪

Men grunt as they prepare the ground in sync, repeating this process as everyone begins to start the day. Women hang up a drying carpet, children running past with laughter as they play with a coconut.

[Tui]: Kai..-Tui grins at his people, Kai sitting on his shoulders- Make way, make way!..-The people move aside with smiles, clearing the path for their Chief and his son-

Tui sets Kai down, him and the people dancing together as Kai starts to look around.

[Tui]: Kai, it's time you knew, the village of Motunui is all you need!..

Kia looks at the ocean and runs towards it. Sinna notices, quickly pursuing him with Tui.

♪🐬

[Tui]: The dancers are practicing!..-Tui demonstrates the dance with Sinna, Kai wobbling around with a giggle- They dance to an ancient song...

Kai's eyes go to the ocean, he walked to the ocean again but stopped when three old men blocked his way.

[Villagers]: Who needs a new song, this old one's all we need!..

♪🐬

Kai was drawing with two children by his side. He proudly held up the drawing, showing him in a boat and a half-fish girl next to him.

[Tui]: This tradition is our mission. And Kai, there's so much to do..-Tui sighs, while Sinna looked at Kai with a smile-

♪🐬

[Tui]: Don't trip on the taro root..

Few Chickens were walking in a line. Kai gasps, quickly taking off the half-coconut shell blocking one specific rooster's vision. 

[Tui]: That's all you need!..

The rooster was still for a moment, moving as Kai encouraged him. He trips over the root even unblinded, Kai wincing.

♪🐬

[Tui]: We share everything we make!..-Tui says, tossing and catching a finished woven basket- We joke and we weave our baskets.. 

Kai holds up a small boat he made from the leaves, causing his parents to look at him confused.

♪🐬

[Tui]: The fishermen come back from sea!..

The fisher men were unloading fishes from their boats as little Kai ran into the ocean while Tai ran after him.

[Kai]: I wanna see..

[Tui]: Don't walk away..-Tai grabs Kai, while he looked at the ocean with a pout-

♪🐬

Chief Tui placed now a 10 year old Kai on the ground who pouted and sat down in Indian style.