CHAPTER 28

Shereen

My heart was going to pop out of my chest, it's been weeks since Leyla disappear and no one knew where she went Rey has been asking where his mother went and he wanted to ask Shay but she told him his mom had left and will never be back.

She called for me and I was going to her room, last time someone walked in here they walked out with tears on their face and I guess today is my turn.

I stood in front of her door and took a deep breath, I wasn't ready for whatever she was going to tell me or ask me to do. The guards opened the door and I walked in, she was standing in the balcony so I went next to her.

For the first time in weeks I saw her smile, she got closer and hugged me. I was surprised but I hugged her back. Maybe she just needed someone to talk to.

"What is it?" I asked her my face still in her chest. She sighed and pulled back with her hands behind her back. That smile wasn't real but at least she tried, her eyes were red like she's been crying but I wasn't going to ask her about it.

"Shereen, you are my sister and I love you so much and I'll do anything for you. I care for you Shereen that's why I want you to know this" she said with all seriousness,

"What is it Shay, you're scaring me" she pulled me on the couch to sit first while she just stood in front of me.

"Tonight I'm going to kill my bestfriend Shereen. We both know she deserves it, there's no forgiveness in this. She didn't only sleep with one of my harem but she had a baby with her and that is the biggest treason. She hurt me, she stabbed me in the back and there's no coming back from this. That is why I'm telling you this, I don't want you to wait for her tonight because she's not going to come home" by the time she finished I was already crying my eyes out, she didn't think of this child inside of me. She didn't think that this baby will grow without a father, she didn't think that she already left two daughters without their father and she was going to ruin this child's life as well. I didn't say anything, I stood up and left her room I heard her call for me but I didn't look back.

I went to the garden and asked the guards to take me to my castle, the whole ride I was spaced out, all I was thinking about was that I'm never going to see the love of my life ever again. The guards open my carriage door and my legs just kept walking on their own till I found myself in my room. I went to the cabinet and I brought a small vial, remember when I asked Isabella to help me get rid of the baby and she refused well Leyla gave me the vial she had and told me only to use two drops, I didn't dare kill this poor soul when I first got the poison. Why would this child suffer for the acts of the others.

I opened the vial and stared at it for a while and then without hesitation I drunk the whole liquid. I laid on the bed and closed my eyes the only thing in my head was Rana's beautiful smile.

Rana

I was walking back to my room exhausted from today's work and I just wanted to rest, I pushed the doors to my room and to my surprise I found Shay standing in the middle of the room.

"My lord" I bowed, she didn't say anything she just smiled and went to sit on the couch. I walked after her and just stood in from of her waiting.

"I miss your music Rana, I want you to play something for me" she asked me, it's been a while since I played anything for her. So this made me quite happy even though inside I was feeling shitty.

"Of course my lord" I quickly grabbed my violin and went back to where she was sitting. I took a deep breath and just like hands take control.

I kept playing for her and she had a sad smile on her face, she was staring at me without moving. Like she was thinking of something, I smiled back at her and she nodded still listen to the beautiful melody. Then she turned the other way and just kept staring at the ground, her facial expressions have changed she looked upset or sad but I just kept playing.

"That was beautiful Rana, thank you" she said getting up walking to the door. I bowed my head with a small smile, I missed her and our time together. It made me feel much better, I had to go home and tell Shereen.

I ran out the room and went to the barn to get my horse, maybe Shay was going to forgive me. I mean she came to my room and asked me to play the violin for her like our old days. It didn't take me long to reach the castle a guard grabbed my horse and I ran inside the house.

"Shereen!" I yelled excited, I was looking for her everywhere, maybe she was sleeping in her room.

"Shereen baby! I think she forgave me." I ran up the stairs and to her room, I pushed the door open. She was laying on her side and curled into a ball like position, maybe she was tired. 

"Shereen! I have so much to tell you baby" I said getting closer but even my loud voice didn't wake her up, I was weirded out because she was a light sleeper and the smallest sounds can wake her up.

I walked closer to her bed and gently shook her, she rolled on her back and I froze in my place.

"Shereen?" Her mouth was bleeding and her eyes were wide open, she was staring at my soul. I couldn't believe what I was looking at, she was laying on our bed lifeless and cold.

"Baby? P-please wake up" I fell on my knees and tried to wipe the blood from her face with my shaky hands. I couldn't see her face clearly because of the tears blurring my eyes.

"P-please..." I put both my palms on her stomach, I have lost them both. My wife and my child. I put my head on her stomach and screamed at the top of my lungs, I cried and cried until I couldn't breath anymore. The pain in my chest was getting worse and worse but I didn't care all I wanted was her, I grabbed her cold hand and kept on kissing it while crying even more. I deserve death but she didn't...

********************

I'm sad now ...

-S