CHAPTER 26

Shay

I can hear my surroundings, I can feel when the doctor comes in every morning to check up on me, I can feel Isabella's hands on my chest when she visits me at night to tell me how her day went. But my eyes were too tired to open, my body was numb.

When it becomes quiet in the room, my thoughts will drift to what was going on behind my back. My dearest friend, the one who I welcomed into my home with open arms, the girl I trusted with my life. Has gone behind my back and had an affair with one of my women. But not just that, my heir, my first born. My son, who I loved very much. An innocent soul brought into this world in a messed up way. He wasn't my own.

But what hurt me the most, that everyone knew. Shereen, Isabella and I'm sure mother knew about this too and no one told me. But all this will end very soon, I will wake up and justice will be served. For me, for Rey and for whoever was hurt by their reckless actions.

I felt hands on my chest, they were gently caressing my collarbone and neck.

"I miss you..." I heard Isabella say, I miss her too but she knew about this and didn't tell me she'll be punished as well.

Suddenly, I felt the weight on my eyes lift. I slowly tried to open them but I was quickly blinded by the light.

"Shay?! Can you hear me?!" I heard her shuffle around and the door opened, I tried to open my eyes again and this time I succeeded. I groaned at the small headache building up and put my hand over my forehead.

"Are you okay?!" Isabella's panicked voice said, I sat myself up and finally had a good look at her face. She was as beautiful as ever, and her eyes held worry. I smiled and pulled her closer, she laid her head on my chest.

"I'm alright" I whispered, a moment later the door opened and Rana walked in.

"Rana what happened to you?" Her neck had a small burn and her face was slightly scratched. She did betray me but for some reason I was still worried about her.

"My lord" she bowed,

"There was a fire and Nenad was stuck inside the room and Rana ran in the fire to save her" Isabella explained, she told me one of her maids was actually a mole and she started the fire with my child inside. I pulled the covers off of me and asked Rana to bring me something to wear.

"Where's Inez?" I aksed both of them while Rana was helping me put my clothes on. I am going to kill that Spanish princess and her whole family. She'll be a lesson for whoever thinks of trying to assassinate the empress.

"She's in the dungeon my lord and so are her parents" Rana said, I looked at her through the mirror but she avoided my eyes. When I was done with my clothes, I walked to the door and left the room with Rana and Isabella behind me.

"My lord where are you going?" Isabella asked, I was going to see my daughter to see if she was alright. I ignored her and just kept walking, I knew Isabella won't trust anyone with our child so she probably left her with Shereen or my mother so I pushed the doors to Shereen's old room, there she was sitting on the bed with Nenad laying on her back. She was gently rubbing her belly with a smile on her face. She didn't pay any attention she was busy playing with my kid to notice I was standing behind her so I cleared my throat to gain her attention. Her head turned so fast and she jumped off of the bed and hugged me.

"Shay..." She whispered, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. I hugged her to apologize for what I did and what I will do. I let go of her and picked up Nenad, her little body against my chest as she looked up at me with her beautiful eyes. I smiled and kissed her head, her little hands touching my cheeks.

"Rana" I said still looking at my daughter,

"Yes my Lord?"

"Did you catch the maid?" I asked, she was going to regret trying to hurt my baby.

"Yes we did, she is locked as well" she replied, I gave the baby to Isabella and left the room with Rana behind me.

"I want them all dead" I said as I walked back to my room. I sat on my desk and looked at her.

"I need you to send a letter to the Spanish ministry, there was never a good relationship between the royals and the ministry so tell them tonight all of them will be executed" I said casually, she bowed and left the room. I had so many things to do and think about.

*******************
This is just a short chapter to explain few things...

Ps: Shay's outfit in media.

Also I'm so happy I have 1M reads on my other book My Mafia Boss. Heheheh

-S