CHAPTER 9

Shay

It's been a week since I left and everything was going fine, we just arrived to the camps in the island. And the soldiers were waiting for me at the entrance of the camp.

The tents were already put up and some soldiers were already going to rest while the others were on patrol. I got off my horse and one of the guards took it away to feed it and let it rest till its needed.

"My Lord" the one in charge of this camp came forward to welcome me and inform me with news. He bowed and guided me to my tent, I walked it sitting on a chair calling for Rana and the others so everyone can hear what's new and if we needed anything.

"My Lord, Edward's army is very close to this territory. They're a couple days away, one of the messengers has seen their camps a few days ago" I nodded my head and looked at Rana, she was very good with tactics and war strategies.

"Rana what do you think?" I asked.

"My Lord we've already came a long way here, we might as well just attack them at night. They wouldn't see us coming" I smiled at her proudly, she nodded her head. I looked back my generals.

"We'll attack them tomorrow night before they get any closer" I said getting up everyone bowed down and left the tent. I turned to Rana went back to being distracted.

"Alright sit down and tell me what's wrong" I sat back, she looked at me hesitantly but then she started talking.

"I like this girl but she doesn't even know me." I smiled, I made her sit down in one of the chairs in front of me.

"Well if she isn't one of my harem then just go talk to her" I said, she gave me a sad smile and nodded her head.

Isabella

These past two weeks were quiet and peaceful, almost too peaceful. Nobody has said anything to me, they didn't say anything to me nor did they look my way. Even after they saw what Shay did before she left I think they knew she was different with me.

I was still in the bath but I had to get out and get dressed to go study with the other favorites. I looked around the room next and I gasped when I couldn't find it. The ring Shay gave me was gone. I quickly got up and started looking around the room, maybe I dropped somewhere. No it can't be that I was sure I put it on the seat before I started bathing. I put my towel and ran to my room, I changed quickly trying to look around there at the same time but when I didn't find anything I left and went out looking for miss Eliza maybe she'll help me look for it.

One of the girls at common room must've came in while I was busy and stole it. I walked through the doors and just went straight to the miss Eliza.

"Miss Eliza, someone stole my ring" I said, I didn't want to make a scene yet. Maybe I dropped it, she laughed at me and just turned to look at the girls.

"Miss Isabella here says one of you stole her ring" she mocked, all of them started to laugh and whisper to each other.

"You have to search them all, it's the empress' ring!" I demanded, she walked closer to my face.

"Just because you are a favorite doesn't mean you get to do what you want and accuse the other girls" she said,

"I swear someone stole it, I had with me an hour ago but when I was done bathing it wasn't there anymore!" I explained, she was about to say something when princess Shirah walked in.

"What's going on here?!" She asked miss Eliza.

"Miss Isabella here claims someone took the ring her majesty gave her" she said in a hurry, the princess looked at me. She looked like she was contemplating whether to help me out or to brush me off to my room.

"Well then help her look for it" the princess said shocking me and everyone else in the room. I was about to say thank you when she put her hand in front of me to making me stop.

"I didn't do it for you" she walked right past me followed by Lady Leyla who had a huge smile on her face and other maids behind her, they were wearing clothes for outdoors. Maybe they were going to sit in the garden, I can't wait for Shay to come back so she can take me out to the garden again.

Miss Eliza asked maids to start searching everyone in the common room. One by one, the girls were just standing there waiting for the maids to find anything.

"Miss Eliza, there's no ring" one of the maids said, that can't be possible someone must've taken it. I'm sure of it and I know Leyla has something to do with this.

"That can't be! Look again!" I demanded but miss Eliza stopped me by grabbing my wrist and pulling me away from the common room.

"Look here Isabella, we don't work for you. You can't just order us around!" She whispered yelled. Yeah and that is so going to change.

"If you're not going to look for it then I'll do it myself" I said through gritted teeth and walked to my room. How am I going to find a ring in this huge castle, I can't even go in Leyla's room and look for it there. How am I going to do this.

****************************
Don't worry, I won't hurt Shay... I guess lol
Ps: Shay's outfit in media.

-S