CHAPTER 18

Shay

I was sitting on my desk with my writer, he's a man who writes my letters and anything I say in the meeting room. I had to send letters back to my messengers that their messages have been received and that I'll wait for more.

The door barged open and Rana walked in, she bowed her head. I gave her a look, she apologized for barging inside without knocking.

"My Lord there's a big problem" she said looking at the writer, I sighed and dismissed him. He bowed to both of us and left the room.

I got up and walked next to her with my hands behind my back. I raised my brows at her waiting for what this terrible news is.

"My Lord, a letter has just arrived today from messenger from the northern territory that Sir Jafar have been printing golden coins in his name. Claiming he was the new king of that region." I frowned at this new information,

"Jafar as in Shereen's husband?!" I asked, she nodded her head. I grabbed my coat and left the room with Rana on my tail. A traitor, I put him in charge of that territory, I even married him to my sister because I thought he was suitable, he turned out to be a traitor and a greedy man.

"My Lord, he doesn't know that we received that letter and he's arriving today to take Shereen back to their castle" Rana said, I asked her to order some men to go bring Shereen's children. The trip will take a couple of days but they had to come here as soon as they can. I kept walking until I reached my mother's chamber. I pushed the door open, to find my mother with Leyla and Isabella.

"Mother" I said, I looked at them and Leyla got up bowing her head and Isabella realized she needs to leave as well.

"What is it Shay?" My mother asked after the girls left, I walked and sat next to her.

"Shereen and her daughters will be staying here from now on. Jafar is a traitor and I'm going to execute him tonight" I said with no hesitation, her eyes widened.

"How is Shereen going to take this?! Have you even thought about her or her children?!" She asked, I got up and started to walk to the door.

"I didn't come to ask you mother, I am telling you what's going to happen. Tell Shereen" I ordered leaving her in that room. I know it's going to be hard for my sister to take this but there's no forgiveness for traitors, Jafar has stepped his boundaries and he's thinking he's the king. I'll make sure everyone knows who's the real empress.

Rana

I was waiting in front of the door for the clueless Jafar to arrive. He was slowly getting closer in his brown horse, he had his head high not knowing what's about to hit him.

"Good evening Jafar, how are you feeling" I asked as he got down from his horse, he smirked and was about to talk when my fist went straight to his nose making him fall on the ground. He groaned in pain as I pulled him go his feet and pushed him to the back of the castle where everything was ready.

"Where are you taking me? Does the empress know about this?!" She asked and I just pushed him further. When he realized where we were going he tried to run but I was quick to take my sword out and put it on his neck.

Two guards grabbed him and pulled him in front of the throne of her majesty the empress and pushed him on his feet.

"Your majesty what did I do?!" He asked, she didn't say anything and she pointed for me to talk instead.

"Sir Jafar you are sentenced to death by hanging for treason to her Majesty the Empress and her people!" I said loud enough for everyone to hear. I looked up at the small window on the building where all the women will be watching, including Shereen. I waited for Shay to nod her head so the executioner can get his rope ready.

A few seconds later the empress looked at me nodding her head. The executioner wrapped the rope around Jafar's neck while he begged for mercy. I watched as his face turned purple and the life leaving his eyes as he plumped on the ground lifeless.

-

Walking back to my room I was stopped by a crying Shereen walking towards me.

"You heartless humans! Have you thought of my children?!! Of me?!" She kept hitting on my chest with her fists and I didn't know what to do I just looked away as she cried. Her hits went weaker and weaker and I felt her fall, I wrapped my arms around her before she could hit the ground.

"Your highness?!" I called for her but she didn't respond, I picked her up and started walking towards my room.

"Guards! Bring the doctor and inform the empress that her sister isn't feeling alright" they nodded and left running. I hope I don't get in trouble for bringing her inside my room. I put her on the bed and walked out the room standing in front of the door untill her majesty arrived.

"Rana! Where is she?" She asked hurriedly, I opened my room door and the empress walked in next to the bed.

"Did you call the doctor?"

"Yes my Lord she'll be here in a few" I replied,

"Good" she sighed taking Shereen's hand in hers. I looked at the sleeping princess, her nose was red from crying and so were her cheeks. Her beautiful dark hair setting on my pillow, I realized I was starting at her lips and I averted my eyes. For god's sake Rana, the woman just lost her husband and you're checking her out. 

***********************

They would look cute together honestly but oh well...

-S

The Empress' Haremजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें