CHAPTER 27

Isabella

Shay has been acting really weird lately, she still acts like she doesn't know what happened. She still talks to Rana but just a little bit colder. But that's their business, it's not my place to tell her what to do.

Today was the last execution and it was the worst, it was by drowning. The last person left was Inez, we looked at her through the small window as the executioner pushed her to her feet in front of a small barrel. They asked her she had anything to say and she smiled.

"If I am a traitor your majesty, then so is she. The same faith should be waiting for her, what she's done is WAY worse!" She yelled, before she could finish Shay lifted her hand and Inez's head was pushed in the water. Shay didn't wait for them to finish she got up and walked back inside with her Rana and the guards behind her while we watched Inez stop struggling under the water, we knew she was dead like her parents.

Shereen turned around and left the room in a rush, while Leyla and I stood behind princess Shirah. Leyla didn't say anything she looked like she was dead inside, she didn't smile and she didnt say anything.

Back inside the harem, the tension was so suffocating. Shereen didn't want to speak to anyone but her mother, she was begging her to asked Shay to let her go back to her castle with Rana. But the princess had no power over her daughter, she didn't dare go to her. She knew she was in a very cold mood, and she'll end doing something bad.

I went to my room where a maid was taking care of my daughter, I took her from her arms and sat on the bed opening my dress. It was time for her to be breastfed, but because of the stress there was not much milk to feed her.

"What am I supposed to do baby" I whispered to her, the maid suggested to bring a wet nurse. It's a woman who just had a baby and she'll breastfeed a child who's mother doesn't have milk to feed her baby. I refused at first but if I don't my daughter will die of hunger.

"Alright then, ask her to come now" I ordered, she bowed and left in a rush. Let's see how this is gonna go.

Rana

I was called to her majesty's room and I was on my way there. I don't understand what she's still waiting for, I don't know what's keeping her for chopping my head. But I wasn't going to question her. I knocked on her door and I opened it after hearing her 'come in'.

"You asked for me my lord?" I asked, she took off her glasses and leaned on her chair. Her eyes were different they didn't have that warm color and that inviting look but they looked so empty and cold.

"I need you to do something for me Rana" she said slowly,

"Of course my lord, what is it?" I was curious on why she'd call me so late at night for me to do something for her.

"You're going to take Leyla for a promenade..."

"What-" she put her hand up to stop me, my heart was beating so fast and my breathing was starting to lose rythme.

"There is a boat waiting for you at the harbor. You'll take her deep in the sea and you know what to do after that" she said, I looked at her for a moment not being able to form a full sentences and bowed.

-

"Where are we going Rana?" Leyla asked me one more time, I have told her that I'm going to take her somewhere far to hide from the consequences.

I ignored her question again and kept walking to the beach. There was no one there except a small boat.

"Get in" I ordered, she gave me a weird look but she did as I say. I pushed the boat in the water and then hopped in.

"Is it like an island?" She asked me jokingly, I didn't dare look at her I just kept sailing deeper until the land was far away.

"Why did you stop Rana?" She started to panic, I still didn't say anything I just looked around until I found a sack and a couple of big rocks.

"I love you Leyla, I really do. But not like that, not anymore. Shay knows, she knows about what we used to have and she knows about Rey. She asked me to bring you here tonight" I chocked on my tears, while Leyla was already crying hard. I think she knows what's going on and why I brought her here. I wiped my tears and gave her the long sack, she didn't say anything just cried harder. She hesitated at first but then she put both her feet inside, I grabbed the rocks and added them inside. She stood up and looked at me, I didn't dare look at her. It is my fault as well, I deserve worse. I pulled the sack over her head as I heard her cry even more and tied it.

"Goodbye Rana" she whispered as I picked her up and throw her in the deep water. I watched she sunk until I couldn't see her anymore, I plumped back in my seat and cried with my head between my hands. I stayed there the whole night, until I saw the sun rise then I decided to head back.

I went straight to Shay's room, I knocked and walked inside and of course she was still awake. She didn't look up she kept writing on the paper in front her.

"Is it done?" She asked, I cleared my throat and wiped the tears out of my face.

"Y-yes my lord" I stuttered out, she still didn't look up.

"Good, you can go now" she dismissed me and I almost ran out of that room. Why can't she just end my misery already why must she make me suffer like this.

*******************************

Some of you are gonna be happy 🙂

-S