CHAPTER 21

Rana

Before dinner started I went to the back door and waited for the women to go inside the castle, I asked some maids to distract Leyla so she can stay last so I can talk to her.

I waited until I saw that she was alone and I pulled her to the garden, it was almost dark and everyone was getting ready for the party.

"What?!" She whispered yelled, I had to find a  way to make her come see me later tonight.

"Leyla, I can explain my behavior" I started

"Oh really?! How sweet of you Rana, after you ignore me and you refuse to look my way you finally decide to talk to me "

"Leyla, I wanted time to think and I realized I can't live away from you. I love you Leyla, and I want you to forgive me. That's why I prepared something for us tonight, just us" her eyes were so hopeful only if she knew what was going to happen to her, to us.

"Before the fire works, in the middle of the party meet me in my room please" I begged, she grabbed my wrist and nodded with a small smile.

I sighed as she went back inside the castle, I paced around until I started to feel dizzy. This needs to go as planned, this has to work. I am going to miss Shereen, she's been keeping me sane, thoughts were consuming my mind and energy but she was there for me.

Her scent, her touch, her eyes. Everything about her was making me feel complete, I needed her but I wasn't good for her, I'll only ruin her but even though I tried to stop loving her, I couldn't.

On my way to my room, I found Shereen waiting for me at the door. She had a big smile on her face, I walked faster with a smile as big as hers and discreetly pulled her inside.

"My love what are you doing here?" I said kissing her, she wrapped her arms around my neck and I picked her up.

"I missed you..." She whispered,

"And I have to tell you something" she said with a small smile, I pulled away and looked at her confused.

"What is it?" I asked curiously, she kissed me gently and pulled me to the bed. We sat side to side with her hands in mine, she took a deep breath but she didn't look sad or scared she looked excited so I'm guessing it's good news.

"Rana, I'm p-"

"Order! Her Majesty the Empress!" Our eyes widened and I quickly asked her to go in the closet. She hurriedly ran to the doors and hid inside. A moment later, Shay walked in.

"Rana, why aren't you ready yet?" Shay asked, I was about to answer her when she kept talking.

"Not important, anyways, in a week will have guest. They're are the spanish royal family and they want to make peace and alliance with us, so be ready"

"Yes my Lord" I bowed, I was sweating in nervousness and she seemed to notice but didn't say anything about it.

"And hurry up the party is starting" I nodded again as she left my room. I sat on the bed with a big sighed as I heard the closet door open.

"That was intense" she sighed, I kissed her lips again

"You need to go get ready my love" I said

"But-"

"No buts the news can wait alright" she nodded her head and kissed my cheek.

At dinner, I noticed Leyla had a smile on her face. Nobody noticed, they were too busy enjoying themselves and even if they did they probably think she's having fun. They all ate and had fun while all I had in my mind was how to leave this place to finish this.
With the corner of my eye I saw Leyla excuse herself and I waited a little then I followed her.

When we reached my room she tried to kiss me but I stopped her with a smile, she gave me a confused look.

"What's wrong?" She asked,

"Nothing, I have a surprise for you so I need you to turn around and close your eyes" I whispered, she smirked and nodded her head doing what I asked.

"What are you planning Rana you're getting me excited" she whispered, I reached for the dagger hidden on the back of my waist band and pulled it. I got closer to her and pulled her hair to the side and gently blew on her exposed skin, I watched the goosebumps crawl on her skin and I felt the tears drip on my face.

I slowly and hesitantly guided the dagger towards her neck, with shaky hands I brought it closer to her throat but not touching it just yet. I took a deep breath and decided to get done with this.

Yelling around the corridors stopped me and I quickly hid the dagger again before she saw it. She was looking at me suspiciously but didn't say anything she ran for the door and ran after her.

"What's going on?!" She asked one of the maids.

"Lady Isabella is about to give birth, the doctor went to her wing" we both looked at each other with surprise as we ran to Isabella's room. Perfect fucking timing Isabella.

Shay

I was waiting outside Isabella's room, I've been listening to her screams and cries when they suddenly stopped, followed with a small cry. I put my hand over my mouth with a smile, I can hear a small baby cry loudly.

The doors opened and the doctor walked out with a smile, I followed her inside to find an exhausted Isabella with a small body on top of her, she was breathing heavily with tears in her eyes.

"Your majesty, she's like you" the doctor said and my smile grew wider. I sat closer to Isabella and she gave me a small smile since she was exhausted, I looked at her for a second she was still so beautiful, I smiled and took the little girl from her arm.

"You'll be named Nenad" I whispered, Isabella gave me a confused look.

"It means unexpected, this little one was an unexpected gift that I'm very grateful for" I kissed my child's head as she moved in my arms and gave her back to Isabella.

"Guards! Inform the whole empire of this amazing news!" I said leaving the room, this whole week will be a celebration for the new member of my family. My little girl, I was happy that it was a girl but I was happier that she is exactly like me.

*****************
I don't know if I should be happy or upset with what happened.....

-S