This guy, I swear...

Making a mental note to thank him later, I quickly freshened myself up and made my way towards Dad. Upon entering, I saw the bed to be empty. Almost instantaneously, my pulse picked up and the feeling of dread began to spread like wildfire. But then my gaze shifted to the side and found him, standing between Mom and Jonathan for support, trying to walk.

"Dad, you're up!" All negative thoughts left my mind as I rushed to embrace my father. He kissed the top of my head like he always did and then gazed at me from under his warm, hazel eyes.

"Good morning, Princess."

Staring into his familiar eyes managed to open a window that I was trying my best to keep shut. The past few months flashed in front of my eyes and only one sentence managed to come out of my mouth:

"I am sorry."

His brows pulled together and his face softened, "For what, Vivian?"

My gaze fell on the floor, "All of it. It was all my fault."

I could feel my eyes filling to the brim with hot tears.

He grabbed my chin and tilted my face up to meet his, "I never want to hear those words coming out of your mouth, Vivian. You understand me? Never!" He ordered as my glossy eyes refused to make contact with his, "Everything happens for a reason, sweetheart. We can't dwell on the past when we have the future to look forward too." He cupped my face with his hands, "You came back. You came back to us and that's all that matters."

Unable to control myself, I embraced him again.

"And my brave, brave son... what can I say? He was too precious for this world." He gently massaged the top of my head, "I'm sure he found something worthy of him in the next world."

With his other arm, he brought my mom, who was quietly crying, to join the hug. I felt a weight lift off my shoulders, feeling safe in the knowledge that my parents, the foundation of my very self, were with me.

"Jonathan told me about how well you've adapted to the change, Vivian." We were now settled on the chairs in the room as Dad ate his breakfast – or should I say – as Mom fed him. She refused to leave his side or let him do anything.

It was beautiful, really, to see the full wonders of mate bond when you let it take its course.

"How courageously you took over the alpha duties," Dad continued, "He told me everything that is going on, and also bragged about what a great Alpha you are. I told him it was obvious, you're my blood after all."

My mom purposely took the spoon away from his mouth, her eyes narrowed.

"Our blood," He corrected and she brought the spoon back.

I smiled at their exchange, "He is just exaggerating, Dad. I did what was to be done, that's all."

There was a small pressure in my mind, as if someone was trying to mind-link me.

"Morning, Alpha. Your permission is required for entrance – a certain Alpha and his son. The latter won't let me say their names," Andrew's voice entered my head.

I laughed at the strange request, "Let them in."

After excusing myself, I stepped outside the room and was met with the sight of two men holding huge bouquet of flowers in front of their faces, effectively shielding it from me.

"Hello Alpha Carlos," I moved my head towards the shorter one and then nodded towards the other side, "Josh."

Alpha Carlos was relieved to pull the flowers down whereas on the opposite side, Josh let out a frustrated groan, "Andrew told you it was me, didn't he?"