Chapter 55:- Gathering Allies

ابدأ من البداية

Damien smiled and shook his head, "It was a sudden trip, Zaar. We were not sure if we were coming until a few hours before we boarded the plane."

"Will you never even try to get my name right?" Shardul rolled his eyes.

"Never," Damien smirked, "It is a mouthful anyway, Zaar is nice."

Adarsh had told a few of their pack cooks to bring them water and some snacks. Until these had been delivered, Damien didn't bring up the more serious stuff and they caught up on how each of the packs was doing.

"Guess what?" Damien chuckled, "Robert and Marcella's daughter, Selena, is mated to my son."

Shardul smiled and shook his head, "Small world. Robert and Marcella must be out of their mind with happiness."

Damien's smile fell and Adriana put her hand on his shoulders.

"The Lunar Eclipse pack was attacked," Adriana began, Shardul's face immediately became serious, "Robert, Marcella, and the rest of the pack is dead. Selena, her beta Jayce, his son, and her older brother Connor are the only three people found alive."

"Hunters?"

"Hunters."

Shardul sighed.

Both the men remained silent. Hunters were the one thing these two friends have not been able to take lightly for years. Shardul was looking away, out the window again when Damien actually got to the point.

"Their next target is my pack."

Shardul nodded and looked at his friend, "I will help you in any way I possibly can."

"I know I will have your support Zaar, but that's not why I came." Shardul raised an eyebrow questioningly and Damien continued, "The hunters have the help of a witch," he looked Shardul in the eyes, "No other witch being lost or kidnapped has been recorded since her. I think she is alive."

Shardul straightened as back as he placed his elbows on the table, leaning on them, "Damien..."

"I know what this means to all of you. I wouldn't have come if I wasn't sure, Zaar."

"How do you know though? Did you see her?"

"I overheard two hunters talking about Asteria. Moreover, Lorcan said that the last time he had seen Asteria with the hunters, she was alive. He seems sure that it is her."

"Then why didn't that fucker say anything before this?!" Shardul spoke louder, his heavy voice making him seem even scarier.

Damien sighed, "He said Asteria refused to leave, and that they didn't have the power to rescue her back then."

Shardul banged his hands on the table and stood up. He remained there still on his feet as his fingers soothing his forehead.

"That is why I am here, Zaar. I was hoping you and Saanjh will come with us. The hunters will attack any moment now. My children need our help."

The door to the room opened and a bot almost the same age as Selena came in.

"You called, baba?"

"Vishal, meet Adriana and Damien Martinez, the previous leaders of the Ferocious Shadows pack in America. They need our help, so we need to send someone," Shardul said without missing a beat.

"Of course, I will prepare a few warriors for them to take with them."

"No, Vishal. We will be going ourselves. Adarsh will be able to handle things here for a few days with his father. Saanjh, you and I will be going ourselves."