[1]Beginning

I remember.

I remember everything.

I remember everything, from start to finish. The heartbreaks, the joy, the fear and the sadness that once consumed my entire body. Every little thing that had such a huge impact on my body, inside my heart, inside my head.

I remember.

And if you, the reader, so dearly want to know what happened... I will tell you.

I will tell you all about it. My story contains that of anger, sadness, happiness, but most importantly╴love.

It was around the time when Wall Maria, the largest wall out of the three virgin walls, fell. It all started that year.

Year 845.

Shiganshina District

You brought a wooden tray into the smallest room of the house╴your father's room. Resting on the tray was a delicate omelet, made of 2 eggs and a little milk and salt for extra taste. It was your late mother's recipe, one that always made you smile during the darkest times of your life.

But this time, you had added something a little extra, if you would. Two painkillers of the finest quality that you could find. At this time in your life, you needed it.

Not for you, no. It was for your dad.

You see, you grew up in the underground. The large underground city that had no sunshine had become a part of you, but an even bigger part for your dad, who was laying on his death bed due to the lack of sunlight.

These past few months where his illness have gotten worse truly broke your heart. Because not only were you losing your dad╴he was taking your heart and tears along with him.

Once you arrived at your dad's room, you slightly croaked out his name before opening the white door. There your dad was, laying in the small bed with a thin blanket covering his body.

"Dad," you walked over and shook his shoulder with your free hand, with the tray in the other hand.

Your dad slowly woke up from his slumber, looking around the room confused before his eyes landed on you, his loving 12-year daughter.

"Oh, Y/N!" your dad chirped, sitting up slightly in the bed. "I just had the most wonderful dream!"

You smiled back at your dad and gave him the tray as he proceeded to tell you about his dream, where you, he and your mom were walking around in this soft dirt that was a light-tinted color. He told you how it smelt like rocks, salt and it was too hot for your bare feet to walk on, yet it was like walking on a cloud.

"That sounds wonderful, dad," you chuckled. It warmed your heart to see that even though your dad was sick and you knew he was in pain, he did his best to not show it in front of you.

Your eyes landed on the empty tray that laid in your dad's lap. Thank goodness, you thought. At least he didn't notice the painkillers.

"I'll be back in a minute, dad. Stay here." you stood up and took the tray, smiling as your dad patted your hand twice, something he would often do to you to show his appreciation.

You dropped the tray into the kitchen sink and sighed, leaning onto the kitchen counter.

You let your eyes scan the kitchen, and they landed on a picture hanging on the wall between the kitchen and hallway. It brought back memories.

It was a drawing of your family that you had drawn when you were 11, which means that it was from a year ago. Even you had to admit that it was so bad, and honestly, it baffles you that your mom kept it.