2

Everything that had happened in the last two days kept playing in my head. It was like a blur but one that was vivid and could strongly be understood which made little to no sense at all. My shattered old iphone was about to be shattered more since it'd been receiving calls and texts all night long.

"Vi, you up?" Carson's voice echoed.

I scrolled through the dozens of messages reading:

"NOT LONG NOW."

"IT'S ALMOST TIME."

"YOU'LL BE OKAY."

My heart was beginning to sink as my fear built inside.

"Vi?" He called. I dropped my phone and felt even more anxious.

"Yeah yeah sorry, I'm awake."

"Okay are you okay?" He asked. I didn't know if I should tell him or not.

"Yeah, wait. Carson, come here." I think he thought I was calling him for something else but that wasn't my fault.

"What's up?"

"Look at these texts." I showed him my phone and he looked as confused as I did.

"Who sent you these Vi?"

I grabbed his arm and pulled myself closer to him sniffling. I shrugged a few times before he put down my phone and put his other arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"Hey, it's just some idiot messing with you it's not-"

I looked up at him suddenly and he could tell what he said to me worried me.

"It's not him okay?"

I nodded but deep down I knew it was Ax. Who else would want to mess with me like this? Nobody but the guy who tried to fucking kill me and I hated him for it. Carson stood up from the bed and walked out of the room, seconds passed and I heard him leave the house for work. I sighed and flopped back onto the bed but the texts wouldn't stop. I lay in the bed for at least 10 minutes thinking of what to do, my options were, reply, call Ax or go see him. Seeing him however, was not something I was interested in so screw that one. My hand reached down for my phone and my fingers began typing.

"I hate you Ax. I never want to see you again for what you did to me and you don't even know me."

I was about to hesitate but it was too late. I had already hit send on the text and now I had to wait for a reply that probably would cause me another almost death. Somehow, it didn't. I received no reply but that was good, wasn't it? My mind just wouldn't fucking shut off. All these what if's kept playing in my head. I continued my day as normal, ignoring all incoming texts, even the ones from my closest friends and Carson checking if I was okay. I poured myself a coffee and sat infront of the fire, grabbing my laptop. I opened google and let my imagination control the words I typed. It was all Ax. Just about him. Who he was, what his job was. But there was little to nothing. I only discovered he was a man working with the mafia and had over a million dollars and basically fucked a bunch of girls, but like, rough stuff. His name was Alex too, but we'll keep it as Ax. Alex Castillo. Holy crap. He'd been working with the mafia for years and apparently he didn't do relationships. Well good, he'd be a murderer not a husband. Pathetic excuse of a man.

A little while later Carson finally came home and I think by his shocked look he didn't expect me to still be here. I folded the blanket and put my laptop away and scurried to the door before he could say anything.

"Carson I'm sorry I'm going now." I reached for the door handle and as I was about to leave he stopped me.

"Vi, who were those texts from?" He placed a hand uncomfortably on my shoulder to which I brushed him off.

"I don't know okay? But what I do know, is I need to go back home."

"Why you so stressed? Turn around I'll massage you." He grabbed my waist and turned me around so my back was facing him but I pushed him off me hinting that he can't just touch me whenever he wants.

"Woah seriously what got into you?" I hated when he said things like that. It was the cause of a lot of fights in our relationship. Why did he have to say that? Why the fuck did he say that? I pushed him and continued to walk to my car. That asshole. Both of them.

"Violet fucking Allegra I beat the guy up who tried to kill you yesterday and this is what I get? Fucking good we aren't together." I turned around in pure shock. One thing I hated more than anything was a man who yelled at me and used my last name. "Don't ask for my help again." He slammed the door. Leaving me stood in the pathway infront of my car. Wow. My phone buzzed again and I groaned and let out a massive sigh. The new text read, "He was using you and Ax knows everything." The utter temptation to throw my phone was driving me through the wall. Carson was fucking using me? After everything? How did Ax know? Do they know each other? A million thoughts were making me feel crazy.

I got into my black Audi R8 and raced down the street. The radio was now turned up to 70 but I didn't mind it.

The rest of the day went by slowly. So fucking slowly. I was bored and didn't know what I should do. My bedtime tonight was a sudden 6pm as I had the biggest headache and just needed a rest. Of course I made sure to power my phone off too.