Chapter 6: Saturday

We didn't talk much after that night. I mean, me and the WingWard side. Pluto and I still talked like normal and it was almost like nothing ever happened. And nothing really did happen, you know. I told myself I was overthinking the moment. My friend and I sat on a beach, she was cold so I gave her my jacket, we laid down for a while and that's it. After the wind had picked up I drove her home and dropped her off. She had just waved, then I went to my house. Both my parents were asleep as I had hoped. It was 1:30 when I passed out on my bed. And that was the night.

I hadn't told anyone else, I wasn't sure if Pluto had either. But it didn't seem important enough to rant to Bulldog or any of my friends. At lunch, the Wingard side (that were at school) talked about the highlights of the bonfire, and then started on where the next Late Shake would be. Pluto pitched The Choppe and said me and her would check it out on Saturday, so I guess that finalized it. Bulldog gave me a look but I shrugged him off.

"The Choppe?" Raptor asked. "Ain't that place super expensive?"

"And in Foxblood territory...?" Egghead asked worriedly. I shook my head.

"It's close to Foxblood's but it ain't actually in their place." I explained. "Pretty sure it's on Break Street, and that's in the tier zone." I threw my sucker stick that I had just finished into the grass. Pluto eyed me but I ignored her.

"Then that depends." Egg started again. "Most of Break is in the Tier zone, but the end of it runs into the Foxblood neighborhood. So where on Break is it?"

"The beginning, I think." Pluto piped in. "Don't worry Egg, it'll be just fine." she smiled at him comfortingly. I smiled a little too at their bickerin'.

"Oh my gawd!" Gabby exclaimed, cupping her hands around her face. "The Choppe is SO fancy! I've been wanting to go their for the past month! I mean I know it's only been open for like 3 weeks but the mayor has been talkin' bout it for a while. My friend Ariel went there, she's with the Foxbloods, she said it was the prettiest place she'd ever seeeeeen! Apparently there's these mini-"

"Holy crap Gabs, who broke your fuse box?" Raptor interrupted. Gabby had been more talkative since the Lake, it was nice seeing her herself again. Even if we had to deal with her nonstop talking again.

"She's missin' a couple screws." I chuckled.

"Dude, she missin' the whole tool box." Roger laughed. We all laughed except Gabby, who now had her arms crossed. She was waiting for us to stop so she could finish. As our laughter died down, she uncrossed her arms.

"Anyway, as I was sayin', there's these mini cupcakes that they give out for free. We could like, steal some and hand em out to anyone who can't come. For whatever reason, their security sucks there. Maybe they only think Foxbloods will go there or something, I dunno." she took a breath from her rant and ate a cracker.

"I love mini cupcakes." Pluto clapped her hands. "Me an' Raptor made em' one time. Remember?" she turned to Raptor, who was slouched down and reading something at the end of the table. She smiledm from her book.

"Those didn't turn out so well..."

Pluto scoffed. "Your's didn't. Mine turned out great." She leaned her elbow on the table and her head on her hand. "Then my uncle got mad for making a mess. But it was good before."
I looked down, feeling a little bad again. I pulled out my phone and showed her my music. She grabbed my left earbud excitedly, and started swaying to the song. Bulldog pulled his knuckle out of his mouth from across the table.

"I don't know if we could find a table big enough for all of us." he pointed out.

"No no, we're gonna rent out the place, 'member?" I added. "Save up some money, everyone pitches in, it'll be a big night. The place is pretty huge."