Opening up hurts

"M-Marco?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, why?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"I-I..." I couldn't manage to say anything.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. This guy's father was Marco. The person who murdered my mother in cold blood, the one who tried to kill my parents countless of times in the past, the one who made their lives a living hell. Who made my life a living hell... And now I have to work with his son. No- no. I can't work with him. I can't work with the son of a murder. I refuse to work with him! His father killed my mother and almost killed me, how am I supposed to trust his own son!? Marco's blood runs through his veins, Marco's son is right in front of me and I'm calm... H-how? How can an asshole, murderer, psycho, monster make such a beautiful son. I felt my eyes well up with tears again, I brought my hand to my mouth, in shock and shame and ran. I ran away from him. From Marco's son. I ran as fast as I could. I ran straight to my dad's office. He'll protect me, I know he will...

I swung my father's office door open to see Elias, Uncle Alessandro and my father talking. I ran in and ran behind my father, trying to catch my breath as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Lia, what's wrong?" my father asked.

"H-he's going to kill me..." I said, with a breaking voice as Matteo came running in after me.

"Who's going to kill you?" Matteo asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Lia, please calm down" my father said, as he placed his arms on my shoulders.

"Dad, you have to tell him to l-leave" I stuttered.

"Tell who to leave?" my dad asked me.

"M-Matteo" I stuttered.

"Lia, can you stop making such a big fuss about working with him! You're twenty for god's sake!" my dad yelled, rubbing his temples in frustration.

"N-no, you d-don't understand" I stuttered.

"What Lia!? What don't I understand!?" my father yelled.

"Matteo's father is Marco" I said.

"W-what?" my father stuttered.

"So, what? I never even met him! I told you that I never met him! I don't even know what he looks like" Matteo yelled.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" my dad yelled.

"But why?" Matteo asked.

"LEAVE!" my father yelled.

"Fine, I'll leave. It was nice meeting you Lia, and I really am sorry about your mother" he said, as he walked out.

"You told him about your mother!?" my father shouted.

"Because I didn't know his father was Marco at that time" I said.

"Lia, go to your room" my dad said.

"But-"

"Lia, go!" he yelled.

"O-okay" I stuttered.

I made my way back to my room in silence, with only my sniffling and sobbing to be heard. I opened my bedroom door and walked inside quietly. I made my way to my closet and changed into my pyjamas and quickly went to sleep.

~~~

"Tu me manques maman..." I said, as I placed a single red rose on her grave. (I miss you mum)

"Can I ask you something about my father?" a voice asked.