2_In The Night

The Blue Spirit was running across rooftops.

In the dead of night he did his rounds to all the nearby villages. Supplying them with food, medicine, warm clothes and blankets as the weather was still kind of chilly. All of this had been taken from the Fire Nation after the soldiers were knocked out while on patrol.

Many people knew of the Blue Spirit and in the past month he had become quite the hero amongst the poorer Earthkingdom towns. In turn also becoming a greater enemy of the Fire Nation.

As the Blue Spirit ran back to the town he had adopted as his headquarters he kept looking back to make sure he wasn't being followed. The Fire Nation was out, hunting him, and there were already too many rumors that linked  him to this village.

While leaping from the next rooftop to the ground the weight on his back shifted and he steadied it without stopping but made sure nothing fell as this was his villages weekly supply of freash fruit.

Upon arriving in the village he headed to a barn that was still illuminated and quickly entered.

Here the Blue Spirit finally paused and removed his mask before struggeling with the basket he carried. It was then, that he heard a sleepy voice ask:

"Blue?"

***********************************************************************************************

Zuko sighed and turned around to face Lee. The little boy was lying on a pile of hay and had clearly been waiting for him.

In public and /or around strangers, people called him (Zuko), Lee as well, but in private he was always refered to as Blue to avoid confusion.

Zuko still marveled at how it only took a month for people to fully accept him despite his being a firebender. Some children even asked him to make pretty shapes for entertainment.

He marveled even more at how the village protected him from rumors and in return for that protction he got rid of the Fire Nation troops, abusive Earth Kingdom soldiers and brought them supplies.

"Why can't I go with you?"

Little Lee always asked this question and Zuko always answered:

"You're too young:"

In reality, he would never let the boy come and it was no small secret that Zuko had stayed to take the place of Lee's older brother who had been cofirmed dead when Lee's father returned.

By now, Zuko spent almost every minute of the day with Lee and thought of him, and his family, as his own. The only thing he wished for was for Uncle to be with him. However, Uncle had been captured and by now thaken back to the Fire Nation, weeks ago.

Zuko knew that Uncle didn't want to be saved so he stayed put and hoped to make his Uncle proud by living a good life and focusing on what he had.