Hoseok showed us where to leave our shoes then gestured for us to follow him. He stepped into a large kitchen and I could see Yoongi standing at the stove, a spoon in his hand. Y/N was sitting on the counter and she grinned as he held the spoon to her lips then immediately kissed her. I couldn't stop the pang of jealousy that crashed over me, knowing that there were things I was missing out on, things I had pushed away.

Namjoon was sitting at the kitchen table with Jin and they looked up when we came in, giving us big smiles. They both stood and made their way over to us, giving us hugs and kisses, making us feel welcome. "Hey! We've been waiting for you! Yoongi is cooking dinner tonight." Jin's voice was happy and I knew he was excited to have us all here together.

After we greeted Jin and Namjoon, Y/N hopped off the counter and came over to us. My heart fluttered for a moment thinking she would hug us, but she just smiled and waved, keeping a respectable distance. "Hi. I'm... I'm glad you could make it." Hoseok hurried over to her, sweeping her off her feet and kissing her lips. She reached up to rub one of his ears, making him close his eyes in delight and I unconsciously reached up to rub one of my own.

"Thanks... thanks for having us." Taehyung's voice was hesitant, but when Y/N smiled at him, he grinned at her. I was surprised to see there was no animosity in her eyes. She was polite, more polite than I wished, but I understood why. Jungkook shifted back and forth and I could see he wanted to go to her, but held back, unsure of how it would be received.

Yoongi set down the spoon and approached us, wrapping a protective arm around her. The message on his face was clear: This is my mate. The claim couldn't have been clearer if he stamped it across her forehead. A feeling of dejection washed over me and I knew Yoongi wouldn't let us close to her, even if she were our mate too. "Hi guys. Dinner... dinner is almost ready."

Namjoon and Hoseok gestured for us to follow them into a dining room, a large round one with a huge table in the middle that was set for eight. Did they choose this hoping we would all be here one day together? Or was it just the right size for the space? Y/N helped Yoongi bring in the food and we offered to help, but she just waved at us and told us to sit down.

Jin, Namjoon, and Hoseok took their seats and Jungkook, Taehyung, and I followed, unsure of where to sit. "It's okay guys. No one is going to bite you. You're our mates too. We want you to feel comfortable here." Jin's voice was gentle and it put me a little more at ease. There were two empty seats to my left and I wondered if Y/N would sit next to me. However before she could, Yoongi sat down, placing Y/N between himself and Namjoon. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I wanted to get to know my human mate, but I couldn't do that if Yoongi kept separating me from her. I understood why he did, but how could I prove myself if he wouldn't give me the chance to?

Although dinner began awkwardly, it soon calmed down and the conversations flowed around the table. Y/N asked Taehyung about the coffee shop and he made her laugh telling her about some of his favorite customers. She asked Jungkook about his job and when she looked at him, the love for him was so clear that it was like a punch to the stomach and it made me feel sick that I hadn't noticed it before. He looked like he was in seventh heaven as she spoke to him and I knew he wanted to come back to her, come home to her.

"Um... Jimin? How do you like the dance studio? Hobi said you're really good with kids and a great dancer." Y/N's voice was gentle as she spoke and I wanted to melt as she said my name.

"I... I love it. It's a lot of f-fun and my kids are very talented." I hesitated, not sure how to continue. "You... you can come watch a class if you want." My offer was almost silent, but when she smiled at me, it felt like I had been given the world.