Alex Gaskarth - A Daydream away

Why did it have to be god damn cold?! Okay so January usually is, but whatever, this was just ridiculous. You'd arrived at 9am, how were there so many people

in front of you?! There was an endless list of things that were annoying you at the moment. Oh well, doors would open in a little while. Your mother was

right, you were stupid to wear shorts on a day like this. You could feel your knees knock together from the bitter breeze that was blowing through you.

Finally the line was moving! Well, you could barely move because every inch of you was numb.

"Do you think we'll get long with them?" Your best friend asked, but you shook your head

"doubt it" You mumbled "they'll be pushing everyone along, just so everyone gets to see them" She nodded in agreement. You'd heard signings were always like that. You had time for hello, and that was about it. As the space between you and the table got less and less, you can feel your heart begin to race. You suddenly realise that you don't even know what to say to them. Fortunately, you've got no time to panic.

A tiny squeal from your best friend, accompanied by an elbow to the ribs, confirms that it's your turn. You start at opposite ends of the table, meaning you get Jack first.

"Hey" he smiles widely at you and with a shaking hand, you give him your CD

"Hi, can you sign this please?" You smile, coyly.

"Of course!" He obliges, scribbling a quick signiture on the cover "Awesome shirt!" He comments, and you look down, remembering that you're wearing your home alone T-shirt.

"Thanks" You giggle shyly. You move on to Rian, and then Zack, and Finally, you're standing in front of Alex.

“Hello beautiful, what can I do for you?” He smiles, and you feel your heart jump a little. Your hands are still shaking as you hand over the album. He signs it quickly. You smile as he looks up at you, going to hand back your CD. Your fingertips touch it, but as they do, he pulls it away.

“Maybe I'll give you it back” He crinkles his brow in contemplation. You let out a hollow laugh in shock.

“Maybe? That's stealing you know” You inform him, feeling suddenly confident. He smirks at your attitude.

“Well, technically, it's my CD anyway, right?” He winks. You have no answer, you just sigh.

“I guess. So what do I have to do to get it back?” You smile, feeling colour flush your cheeks.

“Well, maybe we can do a swap?” His suggestion is accompanied by a slightly sly grin.

“O-okay?” You stutter, a little unsure of what he's getting at.

“I'll give you your CD back, if you give me your number” he sits back, looking pretty satisfied. You contemplate this for a moment, unsure if he's just messing you about.

“Why would you want my number?” You ask, raising an eyebrow

“Why wouldn't I?” He says simply. You narrow your eyes again, trying to figure him out.

“Fine, deal” You say, finally. He hands you his phone, and you put your number in, not quite believing that you're even holding Alex Gaskarths phone. You tell him your name, and he smiles.

“I love that name”

“You would say that, you aren't going to say it's horrible are you?” You laugh

“I would” He replies, casually.

“Can I have my CD back now?” You press. He rolls his eyes back

“I guess” He resigns “but first” He continues, and you laugh again, feeling the case slip away from your fingertips once more.

“A kiss on my cheek” He demands, turning his face to the side, pointing to his cheek.

“You're a chancer” You say, kissing his cheek. He finally hands you back your CD, and you walk away. Just as you're at the door, you turn back, to look at him again, not quite believing what just happened. When you turn, you see him, still looking at you, a distant smile on his face. You smile back at him, shaking your head, and then turn and leave the store.

As you walk down the cold, snowy street, going over the previous events with your best friend, still not quite believing them, your phone buzzes.

“Oh my god, I bet that's him!” She squeals.

“Don't be stupid, I bet he doesn't even text or anything. Probably just messing” You say, trying to sound casual. When you look at your phone, you see an unknown number, and know, she's right.

“Hey, It's Alex, we should hang sometime, you know, you can kiss me some more ;)” You let out another hollow laugh, and take a deep breath, still not believing it's real.