Chapter 7

By the time I woke up the next morning, the guys had already left. I was hoping to get up early enough to make them breakfast, but a combination of the physical labor and stress had me passing out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Heading down the stairs to the kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was still neat and tidy. The breakfast dishes had been washed and were put in the strainer to dry. The coffee pot was empty and rinsed out and everything was put neatly away. It made me feel good to know that they weren't going to completely take advantage of me being there.

After a quick breakfast, I made my way back up the stairs towards Jimin's room. He had hesitantly knocked on my door last night and given me permission to enter his room. He had told me told me that Namjoon was so excited to sleep in a clean bed and if I was willing, I could go in his room. He had stumbled over the words several times and when he had turned to head to his room, he had tripped over his own feet and ended up sprawled out over the carpet. I had rushed to his side to help him up, but he had blushed and hurried into his room.

I pushed open the door to Jimin's room and just like the rest of the house, I was stunned at the mess. His bed linens were tangled on the floor and he had clothes piled on every surface and I couldn't tell if they were clean or dirty. There were movies and video games all over the floor, along with empty water bottles. I picked up his linens and dirty clothes then took them into the hallway, shoving them down the laundry chute. I then went to the closest in the hallway and pulled out the cleaning supplies, ready to tackle the mess of Jimin's room.

When I went back into his room, I opened his bathroom door and was surprised to see it was a little cleaner than the rest of the room. At least I wasn't going to suffocate in here. I cleaned the bathroom, scrubbing the toilet, sink, and shower, before wiping down the mirror and washing the walls and baseboards. Soon it was clean and I headed back into Jimin's bedroom. I wiped off his shelves, putting everything back in place then washed his walls and picked up all the garbage. After vacuuming his room, I headed downstairs to start a load of laundry.

I returned to Jimin's room and emptied the box that had all his personal belongings I had picked up off the floor yesterday. Noticing his clothes were hanging out of his dresser, I emptied the drawers and refolded everything, putting all his clean clothes away neatly. I moved on to the closet, picking up his shoes from the floor and putting them into the built in cubbies and hanging up his nicer shirts and pants.

Once Jimin's room was cleaned, I headed back to Namjoon's room, wanting to finish what I had started. I made his bed, straightening out his sheets and blankets, then picked up the laundry basket and dumped it down the chute. I returned to his room to check out his bathroom and when I stepped into it, I noticed he had made an effort to clean it up. I was surprised and pleased, but knew it was more from embarrassment than anything else. I finished cleaning Namjoon's room and picked up the box in the hallway. I put everything away, tidying up his drawers the same way I did Jimin's. I would have liked to at least change the linens on all of their beds, but I wasn't going to enter their personal spaces without permission.

When I checked the time, I was surprised to learn it was already after one. I went downstairs and made a sandwich, feeling lucky when I had found bread and peanut butter. I pulled out my phone and looked up the nearest market. Surprised to learn that it was less than a half-mile away, I made the decision to take the short walk and pick up some much needed necessities. I would like to stock the cabinets, but I wouldn't be able to carry very much back with me.

After taking a quick shower, I scanned the cabinets, fridge and freezer then made a quick meal plan for the week. Knowing me, if I went in there without a plan, I would end up with way more food than I could carry back. I created a list, double checked the directions for the market and planned to leave the house. There were several keys on a hook by the door and I grinned when one of them fit the lock. I didn't want to leave the house unlocked so this made me feel so much better about leaving.