Chapter 5

Things really just can't work for me, can they? I stared at the man in front of me, who I had learned was named Hoseok, and a feeling of dismay taking over me. "How long will it take?"

The man's dark blond to dark blue ombre hair fell over his handsome face as he looked down at the paper in his lap, a bright smile on his face despite the clear bad news he was going to give me. "Well the cracked radiator will only take a few hours, but we need to order the water pump and that could take up to a week to come in."

I groaned in response, irritated with the man in front of me even though I knew it really wasn't his fault. The repairs to my car were worse than I had expected and I wanted to stomp my foot in anger, drop to the floor and throw a tantrum, express my anger in some way, but instead I just nodded. "Where is the nearest hotel? Clearly I am going to have to stay somewhere if it's going to take a week.

Hoseok frowned in response but then immediately grinned again then called out over his shoulder. "Hey Joon? Can you come here for a second?"

The man called Joon walked into the room. "What's going on Hobi?"

Hoseok gestured towards the paper in his lap. "Miss Meddlicott's car is going to take at least a week to fix. She wants to know where the nearest hotel is."

The man turned to me. His hair was a dark gray and when he smiled at me, I noticed he had the most adorable dimples on either side of his pretty lips. He adjusted his glasses on his nose as he studied me. "Well first of all, I am Namjoon, but you can call me Joon. Alas the nearest hotel is more than 60 miles away. We don't get many travelers in this region so there's not an abundance of enterprises in the immediate vicinity.

I sighed at the words, wondering if my life could possibly get any worse. "Are... are you sure?" Namjoon nodded and my heart plummeted to the ground. Ideas ran through my mind, but none of them seemed feasible. There was no way to get to the nearest hotel. I was not calling my parents to help me and I definitely couldn't bring Carrie into it right now. Maybe Namjoon would let me sleep in my car in the parking lot. At this point, it was the only thing I could do.

Namjoon hesitated then grinned at me. "We do have one proposition. I'm not sure how comfortable you would feel, but my brothers and me live in an old converted bed and breakfast. The original establishment had ten bedrooms with their own bathrooms, but we are presently only using seven. If... if you would like, you are free to use one of the other bedrooms."

I shook my head immediately. "Thank you, but I can not impose on you like that. It... it wouldn't be right."

Namjoon reached out and placed a hand on my shoulder and I couldn't stop the tingles that raced through me at his touch. "Trust me. It wouldn't be an imposition. We would be delighted to have you."

"I don't think all of you would be. One of your brothers, the one with the broad shoulders, made it very clear that I needed to leave as soon as possible." The thought of the tall but handsome man worried me, but the offer was almost too good to pass up.

Shaking his head, Namjoon grinned. "Don't burden yourself about Jin. He can be a little volatile, but he's perfectly harmless, I promise you. You will not be disturbed."

Although I was reluctant to encroach on their space, I knew I didn't have any options. "I do appreciate the offer. Thank... thank you."

Namjoon turned to Hoseok. "I'm going to take Miss Meddlicott to the house and get her settled in. Tell Jin to not worry about dinner tonight since I will take care of it."

Hoseok groaned. "Oh please no. Of all of us, you are not the best cook. You're so smart, but so terrible in the kitchen." He turned to me and grinned again. "We love Joon, but he's not the best cook. Last time he burned Jin's new pot! Jin threatened to beat him with a spatula, but it was so funny!"