Bad Influence

He washes his face and takes the towel. He put the wet towel over his shoulder and stop the water from running. A deep sigh escapes from his mouth as he puts the bandage around his face. Covering his left eye too.

"Second year anniversary... Yay." He sulked and pushed the bathroom door and make his way over to the front door. He gives the little room one last glance behind shutting the door behind him, as he gets outside.

Annoyed, but needed, he slowly reaches over to his workplace. He hates it, but he needs income and he does not want to sell his organs to survive. Or at least not yet.

"You are late!" He only entered the back door of the workplace to get immediately smack on the head by the strong arm.

"Jeez, your face is bruised."

He ignored his superior and puts his uniform on. Giving himself a smile to the mirror, he walks out to the customers.

"Good morning! Have you found anything you would like to eat?"

The first customer for today puts the menus down and he almost loses his straight face at the second he recognizes the devil. Nobody notices his facial expressions twitched, fortunately.

"Three of number six." The woman with a great mom aura around ordered and the man quickly write it down. He takes one last look at the devil, she does not seem to care anything in the world right now. His teeth clenched together and walk over to the chef.

"Doctor, if my memories are correct, he was the man from last night." The woman quickly turned around to check on the man, but it seems the waiter has disappeared.

"That devil!" The waiter pulls his hair in frustration while standing in the toilet.

"Why is she here?! This is going to be another person I will suddenly stumble upon?!" He asked himself through the mirror.

"Forget it, today is my last day too." After he finished himself in the toilet. He waited a minute before the orders were done and place them in front of the customers.

"Three of number six." He tries to leave, but the devil opened her mouth with just smugness running out of it.

"Are you not the man from last night? Did I never say thank you?" He slowly turned around and notices both women's attention is on him too.

"Ah... Yes, indeed." He keeps himself in place from cursing in front of the adults.

"Nice tanking by the way. Most people would die from my punch."

He tightens his fist as the devil laughs loudly. The woman with glasses notices the bandages around his eye and tries to say something to him. But another pair of customers step inside. And as he walks over to their table, the woman glares at the devil and the girl stops laughing.

"You burned his face. We are going to have a long talk, Ifrit." The woman beside her tilted her head while turning around almost 180 degrees.

---

He leans against the wall as he stares at his last paycheck. Only about a hundred LMD he got from working a week. Such a scam.

"Hello." He looks up and sees the same woman from the morning.

"Evening." He puts them in his pocket and gives the woman his attention. He notices the devil and the other woman behind her.

"I am deeply sorry for what happened last night. Please do not call the authorities."

"I have not, do not worry." He folded his arms and leaned more back as the woman with glasses is stunned.

"Why not? She assaulted you."

"She broke my phone." The woman gasps and turns around to the girl. The devil shakes by the glare. He notices and waved his hand.

"It is all right. And for the burned mark, I think I will call an old friend about that." He walks past them and tries to keep his head down from losing his temper. But the woman should of course grab him by the shoulder to turn him around.

"Please accept this!"

Without giving a thought, he takes what is in her hands and disappears into the crowd. He does not give a single fly about them anymore as he just wants to leave this place.

---

He waited in the forest for the person he have called through the public telephone box. He sat by the lake and takes a bite of the apple he has bought with the money he got from his payment from today.

The amount of waiting feels eternal, so he closed his eyes. He remembered time goes faster with his eyes closed. Slowly, he opened them again and he sees the person he was been waiting for. The blue bird on her staff flies over to his shoulder.

"Sorry for my delay."

"I am just happy you are even taking time for me." The elegant lady smiles and finally notices the bandage wrapped around his face. She almost drop her staff, if he did not stop her.

"Can you give a little love to my wound?"

"Of course, please lay your head here." She sits down and gestures her lap. He bit himself and look around for two people, who might be lurking around them.

"Lay your head here, that is not that hard. Is it?"

He sighs and the bird flies on top of the staff as the man lays his head on the lady's lap. She smiles again and brushes his cheek to his embarrassment.

"How long has it been since?"

"Seven months I think."

"Sounds right." The lady slowly takes the bandage off and tapped the ground with her staff. Healing the ugly burn marks.

"Here you go."

"Hmm thanks, Liz." He starts drifting to sleep as heaven itself bestowed him a lifetime opportunity.

"You are welcome, Y/N."

Liz brushes his hair away and leaned to his face. The feeling lasted a second before she pulls back. The bird chirps to Liz and the lady softly giggles while nodding her head.

"He is a bad influence..." A particular knight hides between the bushes while the cloaked woman dies of cuteness.