Chapter 6

Danny was greeted upon leaving the shower the next morning, to his surprise, by his Mom. He hiked the towel up more to hide his chest. 

"Sorry," Mom said, "I should've waited a moment."

"What is it?" Danny asked. 

"Well," Mom said, "I still want to hold you to what I said yesterday. I don't want you to wear the binder anymore."

"I said I wasn't going to," Danny said. "What more do you want?"

"I... I can't let you go around in public..."

"No," Danny shook his head, "please not a bra."

"I'm sorry Danny," Mom said. "It is inappropriate for you to go without, and it will prevent you from chafing them."

Danny groaned. "Fine. Give me a second to put on some underwear."

After going into the bathroom for a moment, Danny came out with his boxers on, covering up his chest with his arms. 

"It's okay," Mom said, "you don't have to do that."

Nervously, Danny revealed his breasts. His Mom held it out - a bra, plain, nothing of note - but it was still a bra. He stood silently, as Mom instructed him on how to put it on - for the future. He did not like thinking about that.

But he had to painfully admit, that once the bra was secured, the support felt relieving - and it made him feel less exposed, without pressing hard on his chest. 

"Hm," Mom said, "doesn't fit perfectly. We'll have to see to that when we get you your own bras."

"What??" Danny exclaimed, "no, please Mom, just... just let me use Sammy's."

"Well Sammy needs her own bras," Mom said. "I promise it won't be a big deal."

"It just feels... so permanent though," Danny looked down at the bra he was currently wearing.

"How does it feel right now?" Mom asked.

Danny winced and gritted his teeth. "It feels relieving."

"I thought it would," Mom said. "If it feels better, then don't you want to stick with it?"

Danny groaned. "Couldn't you at least wait until after yearbook day?"

"I've just been really concerned," Mom said.

Danny turned his attention to finish getting dressed, and was looking on a shirt, when he noticed something else in Mom's hands.

"No," he said, "I'm not -"

"It'll look weird," Mom said, "it'll draw more attention to it."

Danny grudgingly took the shirt. It was, thankfully a normal t-shirt, not a blouse or something like that. But it was a brighter mint green, and when he pulled it on, slipping it over his chest, it was very obvious that it was a girl's shirt.

As he pulled on his shorts, he realized that Mom was still watching him.

"Um," Danny said, "I can get ready myself."

"Is your pants size too small?" Mom asked.

"It's fine," Danny said. With effort, he was able to pull up his pants.

"Your pants aren't fitting right," Mom said.

"They're fine," Danny repeated.

"No," Mom said, "they're having trouble getting around your hips."

"If this is where I think it's going...."

Mom sighed. "It's a fact of this, that the same imbalanced hormones that are giving you gynecomastia are probably doing the same to your hips."