Mission 66: Brother

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~~IzukuPOV~~~~~~~~

('I have no time to be wasting away here....... but what do I do now?') I wondered to myself as I laid in bed, still resting from my injuries from the I-island attack. It's been day since I revealed my biggest secret to the rest of my team and while it did lift some of the burden off my back knowing they were still with me. It didn't change the fact we were effectively alone and possibly about to go to war with the very organization sworn to protect the world..... in order to protect it and the world.

The Irony wasn't lost on me, I was running on fumes currently and I don't know who I can still trust outside my team. A sense of helplessness was starting to set in on me, a despair I hadn't felt in a long, long time. It was very much like when I was first taken and had finally realized I wasn't going to be rescued. Feeling that despair starting to sinking in once again, I hated it. So I did the only thing that helps me vent..... sing

A/N: I don't own song, music, video or channel. ps love this song^ in case it gets taken down the song is "i'm only human" by rag'n' bone man

"Thats right Izuku...... you're human, only human like the rest of us. You don't need to carry this burden alone brother. I got you, you know that right?" came the voice of Bryon from the doorway.

I had noticed when he came in halfway through the song, but continued on anyways. No real need to stop and explain myself to him of all people. Like he said, he has my back and I have his. He is my brother in all but blood, and my closest friend.

"I know Byron...... I know. Which is why I hate having to ask you what, I'm going to have to ask you to do."

He crossed his arms and leaned on the doorway, his eyes firmly locked onto me. Waiting for the orders he knew I would have to give him. The words caught got caught in my throat, I didn't want to say them. I didn't want to give him these orders...... I didn't want to possibly send my best friend..... my brother..... my family to his death.

"............ Izuku." Was all he said from his spot by the doorway. I didn't have to heart to look up at him. He knew what I needed him to do, he knows this could very well be his last mission. He knew I was choking up inside, because there was no other way.

There was no one else I could send, because there was no one else I could trust more. That was why this was so much harder than normal.

"Izuku.......Brother..... I know its hard.... it hurts because its hard. We both know I'm the only one who can do this.... I'm the one who HAS to do it. I have the best chance of pulling this off and the best chance of living through it. Lets face it, they consider me far less of a threat because of my quirklessness."

"Thats the point Byron.... I know you're aren't helpless or powerless.... but I'm sending you into a den of wolves without anything..... I can't help you once you return. You'll be on your own, in the middle traitors. We have no idea of the scale of the corruption, for all we know, we are the only ones still fighting for the cause."

"Then we keep up the fight until the very end. Nothing as changed, we do what we must for the good of all brother. We both know that this life almost always ends the same way. It doesn't change what we have to do and what we are going to do."

I still couldn't look at him, I knew what he was saying was true. I just wished there was another way. One where I didn't have to order my best friend to go back to Parabellum HQ, all alone, with no backup to find evidence of corruption and betrayal.

If he is discovered, he'll be marked as a traitor himself and executed by those trying to hide their corruption. Its a suicide mission, Parabellum is made of nothing but the best of the best. That is what he has to go up against.... alone. Neither I nor Alpha can help him if he is caught. Which means I am sending him to his death, and the burden of that is too much to bare.

"Once more into the fray...." Byron suddenly spoke out reciting the warriors poem. I slowly raised my head and looked at him. I understood what he wanted

"Into the last battle I'll ever know...." I continued where he left off

"To live and die on this day." he continued without missing a beat

"To live and die on this day....." I finished the poem's last line, my eyes now locked onto his. My vision blurry from the tears leaking from my eyes

"Flash..... your new orders are....... for you to return to HQ alone..... and find the source of the corruption and find all the traitors. You will have no support, and will have no rescue in case of discovery. Failure means death and is not an option nor something we can afford. Do not fail me."

"Sir, yes sir. I will not fail you." came the expected reply as Byron gave me a crisp salute before turning on his heels making his way out the door.

I grit my teeth as I balled up my fists in anger and grief as I stared down at my legs still covered by the hospital sheets.

"Take care of the others will ya Izuku? Your the oldest now that I'll be gone..." came the echo of Byrons voice from down the hallway from which he left.

"Of course I will Byron...... of course I will...." I muttered to myself  as I was overcome by emotions I couldn't contain any longer as I screamed out my sorrow at having sent my brother to was most likely his death.