Side Mission: What is a Hero?

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~~~~~~1-A Dorm~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~Momo POV~~~~~

I watched as my classmates struggled to understand everything they had learned. Nightshade had just explained to everyone about Parabellum and they were speechless. I could understand their feelings, who could believe Izuku was not only part of this secret organization, but also a high ranking one sent to guard them.

Iida:" Nightshade sir.........  I understand that you say you work for the government, but I find it hard to believe that they would allow you to kill so easily. That's why heros exist. To capture villains and bring them to justice! Not to kill them!"

Nightshade:" Justice huh? Let me ask you then, are you saying you are ok with letting  innocent people suffer because you locked up one villain?"

Iida:" Of course not! Why would locking up a villain cause suffering?!"

Nightshade:" You kids don't know how the real world works, I'll explain it to you. Lets say you arrest a small time thug, the kind who'll be out of jail in a year. Tell me, what do you think he'll do once he is free?"

" Most, not all but most will hold a grudge. Now who do you think he'd go after? The hero who locked them up or the family whose house he broke into? Worse, now he's learned from his past mistake. He'll be alot more careful this time around, and make sure there would be no witness or survivors."

Everyone was shocked and appalled, no one more than Iida. However no one could come up with an argument to counter with.

Nightshade:" Look I'm not here to change your mind or justify my or parabellum's views on justice. I just want you to understand that its not all black and white. I just want you to think, really think about this..... for the captain's sake, he's suffered enough."

Kirishima:" What do you mean? Why would Midobro suffer?" before Nightshade could answer I spoke up

Momo:" Its because Izuku is afraid of being hated and abandoned...... again. Before you ask I won't tell you about him being abandoned, thats for him to tell you if he wants to." I looked over towards Izumi before continuing

 " Izuku.... isn't very emotionally stable,  you all know Izuku is very kind and caring about his friends. Think about it, do you guys really think he'd feel nothing while taking a life?   And yet he killed those villains to protect us."

" He won't even let himself show weakness in front of any of us, but he's really scared of what you'd think of him if you knew about who he really is. He isn't some mindless killer, but he's afraid that is what you all would think of him."

Shoji:"....... I don't think Midoriya is a mindless killer, I don't know what he's been through, but I'm not going to blame him for protecting us. I'll be honest, before today I never really thought about how life threatening being a hero actually is. I can't judge him for doing what he needed to do, especially since I wasn't the one fighting. None of us were, all thanks to him."

Everyone sat there in silence, processing Shoji's words. Izuku had in fact protected everyone without letting anyone be killed. Which for the first time, was a likely outcome had he not been there. He put his own life on the line, all to protect them, all while knowing his friends might hate him afterwards. Yet he still stood tall with no hesitation.

Kirishima:".......... Midobro is a real manly hero isn't he? I'm glad to call him my friend." I looked around watching the others slowly smile and nod in agreement.

Mina:" Yeah, Midori is one of us and nothing will change that!" hearing this I started to tear up happy to hear this.

Momo:" Thank you all for understanding..."

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter, I just wanted to explain why no one would question Izuku about him killing villains at USJ and to introduce abit about his emotional state that will come into play again later down the road. 

Unfortunately, I won't have as much time to write for the next week. Work is starting to pick back up but I will still try to update as soon as I can.