It wasn't unusual, but the soft sobs that left his mouth stung. Like a knee scrap across sandpaper. Gushing pain.

"Firey, are you -"

"What are you doing?"

I turn to the sound of my name, the confused tone of her voice sinking into my skin like a wolf bite.

"Nothing." A simple response that left her batting me an eye.

"Well," Pencil started, pushing a stray hair strand behind her ear. "I was just wondering whether you wanted to come to revive Bubble with me? She died on her way here and no one wants to join me."

I shot a glance back to Firey, huddled to himself with the sound of another person's voice.

"I- Yeah. Sure."

With little thought, I readjusted my jacket as I made my way beside her. A faint smile curled on her lips as she closed the door behind us.

The heavy steps of their weight echoing through the spiraling staircase. No words were exchanged as we walked down the stairs.

Pushing the door open, we were out-greeted once more with the warm glow of the sunset.

Needle turned to us at the sound of the door creaking open, a speck of interest peaking in her posture as she noticed me.

"Hey, Coiny."

I waved as a reply, unsure of how to reply.

"Well, we're heading to revive Bubble, if you don't mind. Then we'll be back to monitor him," she stated, pointing back at the silhouette of Firey in his cage.

Needle sighed, shrugging as she kept her arms folded. "Well, if you get in trouble, I can't help you."

The pink-haired girl scoffed, shifting her weight down to her other leg. "It won't take long."

I hadn't said anything. I pushed aside a lock of hair falling down on my sight, hurriedly trying to catch up with Pencil as she walked.

Running up to her side, keeping up with her pace as we walked down to the Recovery Center.

"So," I began, trying my best to start a conversation. We rarely ever interacted with each other, so any conversation would do us good.

"How did Bubble die?"

"Oh, she fell face forward, and she popped." She grinned, reminiscing the moment.

I hummed, nodding in assent.

"I thought it would be more drastic, like back when Blocky enjoyed pranking her," I spoke.

A chuckle left her lips. "One would figure, but nope," she said, emphasizing the P.

"How are you and Pin doing?"

A haste question I hadn't expected.

I could feel my face flush red, yet at the thought of last night, I felt guilt sink in. I doubted she had told anyone, yet I could feel the amount of dread running through my veins.

"It's fine."

She snickered. "Please, it's more than obvious you two have a thing. It's more than about time for you two to confess."

I batted my eyes away from her. I let out a deep breath. It wasn't the first time I heard that. Nor would it be the last time I heard it by the looks of last night. I knew I wasn't the only one to have feelings for a teammate. I glanced back at her, a satisfied grin on my face.

"What about you and Match? When will you confess to her?"

A look of perplexity and flusteration hit her face, sighing. "I don't like her." It came out soft, like a whisper, flustered by the sudden callout.