Chapter Twenty-Three

Seth had been pacing around the bedroom for what seemed like hours when Paige finally snapped, he was driving her mad. He stopped and turned around slowly so that he was facing her and glared at her, “Do you like him?” he growled.

He had been going over it for hours, why she had suddenly rejected him. Was it because she liked Nixon, had he driven her into another man’s arms, or was it a game some sort of revenge plan for what he had put her through.

“Maybe,” she lied.

She wanted him to feel some of the pain she had felt, the anguish when he had walked out of that door just days ago and told her to move on. She wanted him to know what it felt like to be knocked back time and time again. She jumped in fright as he moved from the fireplace quickly and stood less than a foot away from her.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean, you either do or you don’t!” he barked leaning towards her.

He wanted answers and he wanted them now, he was not prepared to wait around and watch her fall in love with someone else. What angered him the most was she had seemingly fallen for that fool Nixon in less than a couple of days.

“It means maybe!” she hissed, turning away from him.

The look on his face pleased her, she could see the conflict in his eyes, he was struggling to reign in his temper. His blue eyes darkened and his fists clenched angrily, she was glad that Nixon had gone, because she was sure if he were there, Seth would have killed him.

“I will ask you once more and once more only, do you like him!” his tone was bitter and his voice was rising with his temper.

Paige didn't know what to say to him, she didn’t want him to walk away and she really couldn’t predict what he would do.

“And I’ll tell you once more, maybe!” she shouted.

It was all he needed to hear, she was protecting that prick, she couldn’t deny it because she wasn’t a liar, but she wasn’t going to admit it because she was scared he would hurt Nixon. Well she had a shock coming; if he couldn’t get a straight answer from her there was one other person who he could confront.

“Okay,” he said walking towards the door, his hand hovered over the door handle and just as he suspected she tried to stop him.

“Where are you going?” she asked, sounding more panicked than she had wanted to.

“I’m going to talk to lover boy,” he told her coldly turning the handle.

Paige really started to panic, she needed to stop, poor Nix hadn’t done anything wrong. She shouldn’t have dragged him into her game when he was innocent. The way he was staring at her unnerved her, she had seen that look before but this time it was directed at her.

“I don’t like him, I was trying to hurt you, “she confessed.

Seth stopped and turned to face her, he was about to call her a liar but he could see from her face she was telling him the truth. He wasn’t angry with her for trying to hurt him, it had worked and he deserved it.

“I get it if you need some time. I’ve got all the time in the world,” he told her softly.

He didn’t mind waiting for her, if she needed more time to understand him then she could have that, because once they were bonded and she was turned there was only way out of it and that was dying.