Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

This is my third upload this week, I’m back to work tomorrow so I won’t be updating as much but it will still be every week :) enjoy

Paige looked over at Seth’s crumpled body in shock, she made a move to get to him, but was grabbed from behind roughly and pulled against a hard chest, and she turned to see who she had believed to be Zak.

“Let go of me!” she hissed, trying to wriggle free.

“Get dressed, we’re going,” he told her, his voice deep and raspy just like it had been in the dream.

She renewed her efforts to break free of the hold he had, but it only angered him more, he looked over at Seth checking that he had not come around from his attack.

 To his relief he hadn’t, but he knew it was only a matter of time and he needed to get her out of there before he did, because when Seth did come round all hell would break loose. There was something more to that vampire than he knew, he could feel it, but whatever it was had yet to come to light but he knew that when it did he needed to be as far away from him as possible.

“Get dressed or I’ll take you wearing that towel and that idea is starting to really appeal to me,” he told her with a dark chuckle.

Paige shakily gathered her clothes up as slowly as she could hoping it would buy her some time, and that Seth would come round, but Ipes was no fool he knew exactly what she was up to, “We can do this the hard way or the easy way, the easy way you dress yourself, the hard way I dress you!”

She didn’t want his filthy hands anywhere near her body and quickly pulled her clothes on. She took one last glance at Seth and then decided that she was going to at least try to wake him up so she ran towards him and shouted his name, but Ipes’s was quicker and had grabbed her, he hit her around the face knocking her out cold.

He threw her over his shoulder roughly and carried her outside throwing her into the back seat of the car, she slumped onto the seats stifling a groan. Ipes’s put his foot down, driving back towards the town.

He hadn’t counted on her waking up and as he was concentrating on driving, she picked up the steering wheel lock that she had in the back of the car and whacked him around the back of the head. She didn’t think it through very well, with no one driving now that he was slumped against the wheel, the car spun out of control and crashed through a barrier, flipping over and rolling down an embankment.

Paige slammed her eyes shut as the sound of metal crushing and crunching echoed around her, she bounced back and forth between the seats and the roof of the car, each blow as painful as the last. The window screen smashed sending Ipes’s straight through it, and when the car finally came to a stop she knew she had broken her ankle, the pain was unbearable, as she tried to free herself from the wreckage, blood trickling down her face and her body battered and bruised.

She stumbled blindly from the car, disorientated and dizzy, she limped away from the mangled mess that was her car and tried to climb back up the steep hill that her car had rolled down moments ago. She looked behind her, relieved to see that Ipes’s was still unconscious, for how long though she didn’t know and she knew she had to try to get away as quickly as she could.

When she finally reached the top of the hill, she was shocked but relieved to see Marcus and a woman that she had never seen before, but as he looked at her sadly, she knew it wasn’t good. Isabella walked towards her, smirking and licking her lips and Marcus sighed heavily closing his eyes and muttering sorry repeatedly.