Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen.

Paige woke up during the night, to find that Seth had crossed the imaginary boundary and had his arm wrapped around her tightly. There was something comforting about the way he was holding her protectively, but as his eyes opened and he became aware of the position they were in, Paige realised he wasn’t happy.

“You sleep walk!” Seth snapped loosening his grip on her and rolling onto his back, “I’ve had to hold you there all night.”

He was fuming she had no idea how hard it had been for him, to be pressed that tightly into her body, so close to her neck and not able to drink from her. It had been the worst kind of torture imaginable, he was amused at first when she had stumbled from the bed and walked out of the room, but it wasn’t until she attempted to leave the house that he realised she was a danger to herself.

“Sleepwalking?” she asked with a laugh, he had to be joking.

He must have been making it up, what a stupid excuse she thought looking at his annoyed face, “Yes now if you don’t mind I’ve got somewhere to be, don’t move.” He told her.

Paige raised her eyebrows and looked at him as though he was lying, “Where have you got to be?” she asked, feeling that it was just an excuse to get away from her.

“Marcus is hiding something from me, I’ve heard some of his thoughts,” he told her looking to the door with a sigh.

Whatever it was he was hiding it was scaring him, and fear was something Marcus had never shown. Seth stood to leave, but Paige grabbed his arm, he looked down at the hand that was resting on his arm and frowned.

He sat back down on the bed and as their eyes clashed it seemed to ignite something in Paige and before she could stop herself she was capturing his lips in a kiss, Seth gave into the kiss savouring the way her soft lips rubbed against his so sweetly.

“I need to speak to Marcus,” he said getting up and rushing out of the room without a word.

How was he supposed to resist her, everything about her was screaming at him to turn her, to take her, to make her his like she was meant to be. He had never felt so conflicted about anything in his whole life, not this life or his human one. In some ways he wished he had been able to kill her, because he was scared that he was putting her in more danger just being around her, trouble always followed him, he attracted demons and witches and they would take her if they knew what she was.

Marcus was lying on the sofa in the living room when Seth walked in, he had drunk four bottles of whiskey, and Seth shook his head at him. It was not as if a vampire could get drunk, so why waste time drinking, he would have much rather have had a human child, their blood was so sweet it intoxicated a vampire much like alcohol did to a human.

“You need to tell me what’s going on,” Seth said slumping into the chair; he ran his arm over the soft leather trying to stop himself from wrapping his hands around Marcus’s throat.

“She’s coming,” Marcus said not looking up.

Seth growled at his answer, it didn’t exactly give anything away, who was she he wondered angrily, it was what he hated about Marcus amongst other things, his lack of straight answers.

“Oh is she well that’s nice, now if you would care to tell me who she is then it would be appreciated,” he told him sarcastically.

“Isabella,” Marcus spat, it hurt him to speak her name, made it more real.