Her heart clenched as she saw these werewolves hanging on by a thin thread, almost on the verge of dying.

So there are actually ten hunters here with Leon, Selena thought.

Her mind was racing.

This was unexpected. Sure, she knew and expected a few hunters to be present here, but she didn't expect Leon. She was so sure that Leon and Max would both be present on the battlefield, so this was a shock that completely took her by surprise.

The only way out of it that Selena could see was that they needed to find Asteria, they needed her on their side.

Leon smiled widely and turned around. He walked to the spot where the four wounded werewolves were kneeling, observing the condition they were in.

"Pathetic creatures," he spat, "couldn't even land a hit huh?"

"They did actually," a guy with a gun said, as his hand went to his jaw, "We had a little help."

Leon closed his eyes and snorted, "Of courses, it was my mistake to expect that you lot will be able to overpower them." He rolled his eyes.

The hunter recoiled slightly and looked away.

"They look strong," Leon wondered out loud as he made them look up by pulling their hair back roughly and observing them with his calculative eyes, "They can be pretty strong candidates for Max's experiments." He turned around to look at the other werewolves in the room, "They all can be actually."

Selena took a step forward menacingly, and as Leon had moved away, Evelyn, Jayce and all the other warriors now also had the chance to stand by her side. They all guarded Elijah behind them. They didn't know the man, but the fact that he had helped their Luna survive was enough for them to help her.

"Aw, look at them!" Leon exclaimed dramatically when he noticed the werewolves all grouped together ready to fight, "Are you guys getting ready to fight?"

"You've had your fun, Leon," Selena spoke, "Enough is enough. You wanna fight? Fight with me, let them go."

"What?" Evelyn turned towards her with wide, surprised eyes.

"Selena," Leon chuckled, "It amazing truly, seeing you ready to give yourself in to protect these people," he walked until he was right in front of her, too close for her comfort, "Even though you know everything that you will have to go through once again," he whispered.

A shiver of disgust ran down her spine when she saw the lust in his eyes but no way was she going to cower in front of him.

"But," Leon continued, "I am offended."

The wolves were all very much confused by this man. Not Selena though, she remembered how weird and literally crazy Leon is.

"You came here, dared to spy on us and left without meeting me. It hurt my feelings, pretty face. I thought what he had was special," he pouted before running his up and down her face, stopping for more than a few seconds on her lips. "I wish you would have met me, we could have spent some..." he licked his lips, "quality time together."

Jayce gritted his teeth and Evelyn scrunched up her face, it wasn't too hard to understand what he was talking about.

For Selena though, the confusion was stronger than the disgust. How did he know? This wasn't supposed to happen.

Leon unzipped the chain of his jacket and pulled out a really thick and old book. One look at it, and Selena knew that it was the spellbook. She couldn't explain it, but she felt the book calling to her. Was this because she was the next in line to be the queen of witches, she couldn't help but wonder what it meant for her.

Survivor (#1 The Lost Crown Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें