Adelaide watched in awe, nuzzling up closer to Bill's side. The fireworks reminded her suddenly of her friends, the Losers. Their adventures would soon be a mystery to not just her, but everyone.

 There was no way of knowing beforehand what sorts of day they would have. Much like how you wouldn't be able to tell the color of the fireworks until it had fully bloomed in the sky. But regardless, the results would fill you with glee and joy. 

 The fireworks set in Derry exploded time and time again. Bill smiled, taking Adelaide's hand in his. He rubbed it gently before bringing it up to give it a small kiss. That action sent the butterflies in Adelaide's stomach to fly off dancing again which caught her attention. Her head straightened as he looked at him, grey eyes ever so softly staring into his emerald ones. 

"W-What?" He asked, stammering a little.

"I'm moving away," she blurted out softly, her tone so low it was barely a whisper. 

"What?" His eyes widened, the smile faltering as his body pulled away a little to further face her.

"My dad just told me tonight, during dinner," she explained carefully as she began to worry at the sight of his fallen smile. "He got that job that he wanted. In New York. Remember I told you about it?"

"Y-Yeah, I remember," he nodded. 

"Well, he got it," she said, raising her shoulders as she tried to look cheery for him. 

"Th-That's great. W-When?" 

"September," she said before looking down with sudden guilt. 

 Bill noticed the guilt that painted over her pale complexion that shone under the starry night. And though he was feeling devastated at the news of his best friend leaving, he knew damn well it was what she had always wanted.

 Adelaide had dreams, her own dreams. She was the kind of person who would do almost anything for her dreams and moving to New York would certainly do her well. He suppressed his own saddened thoughts and feelings to comfort her, to assure her. 

Bill rested a finger under her chin, lifting her head up so their eyes would lock. "That's great, Del," he slowly and softly whispered with a small, genuine smile. "I'm r-real h-happy for you."

"Thanks, Billy," she beamed. "Honestly, I can't wait, you know," she sighed contentedly, their eyes still meeting though Bill's finger had lowered down. 

"Y-You've always wanted to leave t-this town," he grinned, nodding slowly. 

"That's true. But I'll miss you like shit," she sighed, disconnecting the connection made by her eyes as she looked at the sky again and leaned her head onto his shoulder. 

"Y-You better," he smirked. 

"Oh, shut up," she rolled her eyes, hitting him a little too hardly on his chest but a smirk stayed on both their faces. 

 The two stayed together a little while longer. Over the course of their time on the roof, Adelaide had gone to sit in between his legs and he had his arms wrapped around her waist as his chin rested on the top of her head, occasionally pecking small kisses. Some time during that, Adelaide had fallen asleep, her head laid back against his chest and neck. 

 Bill chuckled softly as to not wake her up. The little sound of her snores entertained him. The way she looked absolutely in peace with her eyes closed calmed him. She looked beautiful even in her sleep, he thought to himself. It was a wonder how he had ever gotten so lucky to have been friends with her. And not just as a friend, but best friend. But how he wished it was more... 

 The night was sound other than the continous fireworks. When it had stopped, the only other sounds that filled the air was that of crickets. Bill suspected that his parents as well as the townspeople would soon return to their respective homes as the night's celebration had ended. 

 He glanced to the girl who still stayed asleep on his chest and he wished he didn't have to wake her up. She looked peaceful, happy. But he knew he had to. If not, they could get caught and be given a punishment from their parents. 

"Adelaide," he rubbed her left arm softly. "Adelaide, w-wake up," he pulled his body backwards a bit but not too much that her head would fall completely.

"Hmm?" She hummed, eyes barely open. 

"It's l-late. I should g-go h-home," he chuckled slightly when her face contorted as she groaned. 

"Hmm," she slurred, trying to return to slumber. 

"Adelaide," he called. 

"Yeah?"

"My p-parents will be home s-s-soon. WWake up," he gently lifted her up so she could sit straight. 

"O-Okay," she rubbed her eyes. 

 Her hair was a little toussled but he thought she looked absolutely adoring under the shining moonlight. Her lips were slightly parted and pink and her grey eyes was only a slit. She regained her focus by blinking a few times and scanning her surroundings, bringing back the memory of the night. That brought a small smile to her face and she held out her hand to Bill who was already standing. He took it and helped her stand up, another hand of his on the back of her body. 

"C-Careful now," he reminded, helping her stabilize her stance. 

 The two got back into Adelaide's room and they quietly walked down the stairs to throw out the packets of the snacks as well as their Coke bottles. She walked him to the front door of her house, ready to say goodbye to him for the night. 

"Thanks for coming over, Billy," she wrapped her arms around him tightly, breathing in his chill aroma, slightly tickling the crook of his neck which she had her head nestled in.

"T-Thanks for i-inviting me, Del," he grinned. Adelaide pulled away, breaking apart their warming hug. "I'm g-g-glad you get to go to N-New York," he added, assuring not just her, but himself as well. 

"I'm really excited," she let out light chuckles. 

"I know. I'm e-e-excited f-for you," he grinned wider. "Goodnight," he muttered. 

"Goodnight, Bill," she gave him a small kiss on his cheek, which brought red to both her and him. 

 They waved their goodbyes for the night casually but in truth, both of them were blushing harder than they ever had before in their entire life. Adelaide was in shock of herself. She had never once done that to anyone, let alone the boy she had loved almost her entire life. It was odd and unlike her. And she was beginning to feel like she might be going through more of that; being unlike her

 Bill could swear what happened was a fever dream. Nothing more, nothing less. But it wasn't. It was real. His left hand travelled up to where she had kissed him. His lips curled into a wide smile of glee as the scene repeated over and over in his head. She had kissed him. Adelaide Flint, the girl he had dreamed to be his almost his entire life. She had kissed him. He was in awe of the moment that passed but had embedded itself onto his brain. It was so unexpected of her, but he was not about to complain.

 The two of them went to sleep that night with thoughts of one another. Adelaide thought she might truly have been going crazy while Bill thought he was absolutely crazy. She thought her sanity had disappeared due to her unusual actions while Bill thought love had taken over his sanity. Despite the slight differences, in the end, the two of them were feeling the same way. 

 Their hearts were on fire, sparking up into the sky before blooming out in different directions. They felt like they were fireworks. The thrill, the excitement, the wondrous ending...

 They felt that way just before their minds drifted off to slumber.